Yoann Barbet

On 08/05/2019 at 14:13, prowl said:

You don't get much more loyal than Palmer and he's got dogs abuse for it for most of his career. Only now is he getting recognised as a decent player.

(Yes, I do remember he was POTY a few seasons ago.)

his game has come on leaps and bounds under bruce.

9 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

Did you learn nothing from the bunch of players that fat tail across the city somehow turned into a team?

Do I really give one.

My point was about building for the future, not just getting across the line and not being able to sustain it.

23 hours ago, ElsecarOwl said:

TBF players with potential are in their teens, not in their mid 20's.

The guys 26 and being released by a club that finished one place above us on the same points.

Is it really the way forward?  I'm sure SB has a better angle on it than anyone of us on here.

Not saying he is the way forward, just stated he looked full of potential a few years ago but not seen him for a couple for seasons. As another post states, it also depends on the manager and their ability to bring out the best in them. Would Jos do this... No... Could Bruce... Maybe. 

7 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

Does that mean absolute boolacks should be tolerated from any idiot. 

I think it does yes. Public forums, free speech and all that. Mechanisms in place to agree or disagree, or even to respond with alternative opinion. but to say let’s just wait and see would make for a deadly silence on here for next few months. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, dorian gray said:

his game has come on leaps and bounds under bruce.

Totally agreed but Iorfa offers so much more. I want Palmer to re-sign but hopefully as 2nd choice in either full back position 

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally agreed but Iorfa offers so much more. I want Palmer to re-sign but hopefully as 2nd choice in either full back position 

you, I, and everyone else will have to wait and see, bruce's decision in the end.

I've hammered palmer in the past when I've  seen him 'lacking', now to see him putting the 'hard yards in' is good to see.

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You don’t really expect Liam Palmer, after the season he’s had and how long he’s been at the club to accept a new contract on the basis of been ‘back up’

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You don’t really expect Liam Palmer, after the season he’s had and how long he’s been at the club to accept a new contract on the basis of been ‘back up’

Indeed. 

Whether people want to accept it or not, Liam Palmer was one of the first names on the team sheet last season. 

He was excellent once Jos buggered off. 

On 08/05/2019 at 22:59, ElsecarOwl said:

TBF players with potential are in their teens, not in their mid 20's.

The guys 26 and being released by a club that finished one place above us on the same points.

Is it really the way forward?  I'm sure SB has a better angle on it than anyone of us on here.

Did dem blades think the same about mcgoldrick etc etc?

43 minutes ago, Wiggo said:

Heard from a very good source that Barbet has been at the club this week. 

12 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Would you mind expanding on this info a bit? Has your very good source told you anything more? 

50% off shirts n training gear in the megastore ..

Barbet would be a fool not to take advantage of a good offer like this...

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Yes I do. He will start the season anyway with Iorfa suspended so has a chance to nail down the position anyway

39 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Yes I do. He will start the season anyway with Iorfa suspended so has a chance to nail down the position anyway

Palmer is a better full back than Iorfa for me, personally think the gaffer will play Iorfa at centre half unless he gets Hector back