Yoann Barbet

37 apps 1 goal in 2018/19

37 apps 3 goals in 2017/18

He'll probably be able to pass the ball out of the bsck or Brentford wouldn't have him. If we signed Hector (for whatever it takes) and a player with Championship experience like this on a free. Then got rid of Van Aken for a small fee then as a squad we'll have improved and got a bit of money for it. 

4 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I really wouldn't assume Hector is going to come back here next season.

True. I guess whilst Bruce calls for him publicly to stay and Hector says he wants to stay it makes it hard to let go of him. I'm sure there's better out there and possibly cheaper if we are very smart. 

Brentford fans seen sad he's leaving with a mixture saying good attitude and good player. Then theres others that arent that bothered hes going but to be fair with Brentford they must always have faith that the replacements are going to be good. 

40 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Just been released by Brentford. Good be a great signing on a free, especially if we’re strapped for cash this summer. We could have Less and Hector as main cbs. And then Barbet and Thorniley as Backup.

This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think we need better than Lees if we want to be a top 6 side. All depends on budget as you say.

36 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He'll probably be able to pass the ball out of the bsck or Brentford wouldn't have him. If we signed Hector (for whatever it takes) and a player with Championship experience like this on a free. Then got rid of Van Aken for a small fee then as a squad we'll have improved and got a bit of money for it. 

Not sure that would be completely accurate.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be honest if we got rid of Van Aken for nothing and replaced him with me for petrol money we’d have improved and made a bit of money

• Haha 2

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Ian said:

To be honest if we got rid of Van Aken for nothing and replaced him with me for petrol money we’d have improved and made a bit of money

You just wanna get closer to Nuhiu :ph34r:

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

I really wouldn't assume Hector is going to come back here next season.

Absolutely this.

Same applies to Westwood.Hope I’m wrong but it seems agents and their machinations dictate everything. Players are prepared to walk even from the likes of City or Liverpool.

It’s really ruined this aspect of the game for supporters who are desperate to see their own loyalty through thick and thin reflected just occasionally in their heroes behaviour.

• Like 2

You don't progress a club by bringing in players that aren't as good as what you've already got, them pay them good money to sit on their arse

If we are signing a centre half he must be better than what we've got or else what is the point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

49 minutes ago, Magic Rat said:

Absolutely this.

Same applies to Westwood.Hope I’m wrong but it seems agents and their machinations dictate everything. Players are prepared to walk even from the likes of City or Liverpool.

It’s really ruined this aspect of the game for supporters who are desperate to see their own loyalty through thick and thin reflected just occasionally in their heroes behaviour.

You don't get much more loyal than Palmer and he's got dogs abuse for it for most of his career. Only now is he getting recognised as a decent player.

(Yes, I do remember he was POTY a few seasons ago.)

3 hours ago, pussface said:

This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think we need better than Lees if we want to be a top 6 side. All depends on budget as you say.

Lees was fine when we finished 6th and 4th, in fact he was more than fine he was part of a record breaking defence.

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Lees was fine when we finished 6th and 4th, in fact he was more than fine he was part of a record breaking defence.

When we stopped weeing about with three at the back, yes. He’s a decent defender, in a four, and next to someone who’s good in the air Never play him on the left of a pair though