84 Today !

19 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yep Bristol City ....

Correct ....

Are you a Pantene man?

Nope, Bukta.

Hence my love affair with the big Jack era.

:wub:

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:57, Ian said:

That’s just not true

the only reason we played at Filbert Street was due to the weather. We were in the middle of a particularly harsh winter and Very few if any grounds had under soil heating. Filbert Street however had a cover that was somehow blown up to make a bubble and protect the pitch from frost and therefore a decision was made to play the 2nd replay and on there

My recollection is that big Jack didn't want to take the chance of playing at Highbury, at which stage it was decided that Filbert Street was the best option for the reason you stated. Either way, it shouldn't detract from what were an amazing set of games with the first game at Leicester being my first away game

Always loved Big Jack.  His arrival heralded the start of the clubs resurgence although it took some time to get things going. He was always very friendly and approachable too.

Many happy memories of his time in charge.

Hope you had a great day and wish you many more.

Top, top bloke.

without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest manager we ever had. As has been said many times, the great man restored the pride in being a Wednesdayite and turned this club around.

A true man of the people and an all round good man

May he have many more happy birthday to come

We were at a SWFC summer camp presentation at the Carlisle game in November 1977, which i think was his 3/4th game in charge. We spotted him walking behind the stand and all chased after him to sign our commemorative programme. He stopped and signed everyones and chatted about keeping up the good work, and 'you'll all be playing for us soon!'

Imagine the sheer joy and excitement for a bunch of 9/10 yr kids. He was simply a legend:

Carlise.jpg

• Like 1