Bruce wants wingers

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I would imagine he means all the wide positions, not necessarily wingers as such He generally plays a striker on one wing, like Kodija at Villa.  Playing two wingers practically makes Bannan redundant 

Don't they need anyone to give them the ball then?

Sammy Ameobi on a free and a young loan who’s that tasty player from Liverpool who’s on loan at rangers is it Ryan Kent? Or Aarons with a decent preseason with us on loan 

theres three anyway as a suggestion to complement reach and if we play Fessi there 

I can see forestieri playing more from the bench next year if he’s not sold and I see Bruce making us a high pressing team by adding pace down the sides 

abit like what Fulham was like when they got promoted both full backs and wingers was electric 

we all ready have iorfa in so lb two wide players to go 

5 hours ago, Sulli_Owl said:

He did look good more centrally at the back end of 2017-18. With enough coaching I wonder whether he could take on Lee’s role in midfield?

Been saying that since he got here. He's got all the attributes bar a strong physical presence, then again neither has Kieran Lee.

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Worked pretty well towards the end of this season.

We finished 12th. Obviously there was an upturn in form, but we were never as bad as we looked under Jos, he was completely inept Since getting rid of the Dutchman, our form has been pretty good, both under a Bullen, and Bruce. We are often found wanting against the better sides because Bannan is forced too deep and we can’t get out. Most of the time, that is with a three in midfield, as Reach will operate in that area. If it’s a two, say Hutchinson and Bannan, we would be overrun in most games. 

We want Bannan operating further up the pitch, but if he did that, the gap between him and Hutchinson would be far too big

Edited by gurujuan

9 hours ago, fpowl said:

Sammy Ameobi on a free and a young loan who’s that tasty player from Liverpool who’s on loan at rangers is it Ryan Kent? Or Aarons with a decent preseason with us on loan 

Ameobi has had an offer from China, Kent is wanted by a number of clubs whilst Aarons hardly justified his loan fee for half a season never mind a full one.

46 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Ameobi has had an offer from China, Kent is wanted by a number of clubs whilst Aarons hardly justified his loan fee for half a season never mind a full one.

Neither did Lazaar but loads of people clamouring for him to sign again!

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Bruce sees what we have all seen over the last few years ............ we badly lack pace going forward

You've said it in your final statement. Our main problem is the time it takes us to change from defence to attack. We are so slow at changing the vision. 

We are so slow at changing our thinking, What we Lack is ANTICIPATION.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Traore not wanted by wolves be a right signing that lightning quick type of player we need 

End product is garbage , if we just want pace we may aswel just sign Bolt.

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes they do, but can you see Bannan working in a two man midfield, I can’t 

433 could be a possibility. 

Hooper gone. Interest in Joao. Winnall out of favour. 

We could then play FF out wide but further up the pitch so he shouldn't moan!

Leaves fletcher atty and Rhodes fighting for the no.9 spot with another winger on the right.

Reach and FF as wingers +2 for competition.

Leaves a midfield 3 which should suit Barry.

25 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

433 could be a possibility. 

Hooper gone. Interest in Joao. Winnall out of favour. 

We could then play FF out wide but further up the pitch so he shouldn't moan!

Leaves fletcher atty and Rhodes fighting for the no.9 spot with another winger on the right.

Reach and FF as wingers +2 for competition.

Leaves a midfield 3 which should suit Barry.

This! A mixture of 4-3-3 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 like the academy played in the final or we played away at Norwich is the ideal formation. Gives Bannan cover and we match 3 with 3 in central midfield. Fletcher is the perfect target man also

Don't think Forestieri defends well enough to be wide man in 433. Or 442 for that matter. Not when the opposition have a good right back.

I see now why Carlos often used to shift him to the left later in games when we needed a goal.

But I'm still not sure he's great up front. But him and Fletcher should be great on paper.

The fact we still debate his best position 3 years after he arrived is a bit odd.