Westwood to cross divide

7 hours ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

It's football, at the end of the day Jos was entitled to pick whoever he wanted. From my point of view we've had Westwood for much longer than we should have done. He could easily have left in January 2015 and probably would have done if the takeover hadn't happened. He could easily have left in 2016 after Wembley. As much as losing him would be a blow if he can get a better deal elsewhere then he is entitled to do that and Jos leaving him out has very little to do with that.

8 hours ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

Here's a topic you may want to have a look in, with many regarding selling Westwood as a good idea

Page 8 is a belter given some of the posters that have replied to this topic backing you!

"only a moron would not sell him"

"crock, get shut, no room to have over 30's always injured"

How opinions change garymegson

Edited by katie melua
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

Firstly he lives in Manchester and secondly your not paying anyone 35 grand a week next season

17 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I can’t agree with that Dawson is not ready to be a top end championship keeper just yet , he lacks confidence for starters . I will lose sleep if we lose Westwood and don’t replace him with someone as good . 

Well a lot on Owlstalk like to criticise Dawson so if hes daft enough to take any notice it wont help his confidence will it. Some say his distribution is poor but I haven't seen anyone criticise Westwoods after last game and it was abysmal .As shot stoppers they are both excellent .As distributors of the ball they are both iffy.Westwood bit of a crock,Dawson fitter and younger.Westwood tries to organise defence but not sure if they take much notice of him sometimes. I would be very happy to see them both stay but certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if Westwood left because of extortionate wage demands.

1 hour ago, pioowl said:

Well a lot on Owlstalk like to criticise Dawson so if hes daft enough to take any notice it wont help his confidence will it. Some say his distribution is poor but I haven't seen anyone criticise Westwoods after last game and it was abysmal .As shot stoppers they are both excellent .As distributors of the ball they are both iffy.Westwood bit of a crock,Dawson fitter and younger.Westwood tries to organise defence but not sure if they take much notice of him sometimes. I would be very happy to see them both stay but certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if Westwood left because of extortionate wage demands.

So you believe CD is up to KW’s standard then ?, well I don’t . The thing with forums anyone can , if they choose to ,read people’s opinions. I’m in no doubt that the coaching staff and the keepers themselves know where improvements are needed so comments on here won’t be a big surprise to them . I really do hope Dawson and Wildsmith  turn out to be top keepers for us because Westwood won’t be here for long if at all !! . But you aren’t worried in that respect are you ? 

20 hours ago, The Captain said:

I didn't agree with freezing Westwood out, but at the time it looked like we were looking with an eye to the future and I had no problem with that. I had a problem with how Jos hung our talented young keeper out to dry when things were getting toxic, because he was too stubborn to put one of the best and most experienced keepers in the league back in, when it was obvious that's what was needed, all at the detriment of the club.

21 hours ago, The Captain said:

Be great to see that thread as I recall it differently.

There was talk that we would have to do without big earners going forward and the two young GK's were ahead of Westwood as a result. People understood the logic and based the decision based on us not being able to afford to keep Westwood.

Don't recall anyone saying Westwood was behind the two young lads on ability/merit as Jos had made out!

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you believe CD is up to KW’s standard then ?, well I don’t . The thing with forums anyone can , if they choose to ,read people’s opinions. I’m in no doubt that the coaching staff and the keepers themselves know where improvements are needed so comments on here won’t be a big surprise to them . I really do hope Dawson and Wildsmith  turn out to be top keepers for us because Westwood won’t be here for long if at all !! . But you aren’t worried in that respect are you ? 

No.

• Haha 1

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:50, Greengrass said:

£30 million I will drive him there me sen.

Nah.! Forget the car Greengrass; I'll hire a plane and parachute him in. That's how to insert an agent properly; and what a position to have an agent in lol lol lol 

20 hours ago, Rogers said:

They should be outed and there should be a posted thread with their names forever listed as Jos fans and Westwood doubters! 

Disgusting. Bring back hanging or at least a week in Stocksbridge.

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Nah.! Forget the car Greengrass; I'll hire a plane and parachute him in. That's how to insert an agent properly; and what a position to have an agent in lol lol lol 

Ive heard enough about hiring planes recently.

12 hours ago, pioowl said:

Total nonsense.