Westwood to cross divide

8 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I can’t agree with that Dawson is not ready to be a top end championship keeper just yet , he lacks confidence for starters . I will lose sleep if we lose Westwood and don’t replace him with someone as good . 

All about opinions, but with a full pre-season under SB I reckon he will be ready. Anyway, Westwood is clearly 1st choice if he stays in which case I hope that Dawson and Wildsmith are both loaned out to get proper experience.

One way of finding out 

See if he's on the open top charabanc tonight with his new team mates ?

Apparently the bus sets off from Bum hole stain and drives straight to Rotherham Town hall for a civic reception via New York stadium for their "hardcore top boys" to see their team ..

Anyone bringing to the town hall a ticket from the 1972 Watneys cup final between them and The Winners Bristol Rovers gets a free mug of Red & White lightning and a packet of spice ....

UTO 

FTB 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

All about opinions, but with a full pre-season under SB I reckon he will be ready. Anyway, Westwood is clearly 1st choice if he stays in which case I hope that Dawson and Wildsmith are both loaned out to get proper experience.

Well we need one for the squad as back up IF Westwood stays .

Replacing him with an equal will more than likely cost a fair bit of cash. Better to bump his wages. 

For me he could have 5 years left in him. 

As a goalkeeper he’s arguably coming into his prime years. 34-38

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well we need one for the squad as back up IF Westwood stays .

I'm thinking that if Westwood stays we might sign a back up keeper anyway. It will do Dawson and Wildsmith more good to be playing regularly whether with us or someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

Are you related to the Penguin ? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

No doubt it will be a rumour started by the s2 scrubbers , im sure Hector,lazaar and aarons will be next 

I can’t see why they’d want him tbh . I think he will stay . As for Lazaar and Aaron’s , that’s fine they can have them 

24 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

It's been reported now he's deciding between contract offers from Huddersfield and us. 

Can only hope we can compete with their parachute payment boosted offer.  

From a reliable source:

We've offered him more cash, but Hudders have offered him the length of the deal he was looking for.

He'll be first choice at either club.

51 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Divisive  rubbish. Stop looking for an argument and move on.

Takes some people forever to get over things on here.  Act as if he's an ex wife or something.

Talk about carrying baggage.

I forgot about Jos 2 weeks after he left

I want Westwood to stay but we shouldn't break the bank to keep him.  His age and concerns over fitness should always be in our minds when it comes to calculating his value.

It is possible to sign good quality 'keepers for little money; either those coming to the end of their contract (i.e. another club's "Westwood") or get a prospect on loan.  We did this successfully with Turner and Carson a few years back, although it also subjected us to Brad Jones....

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Takes some people forever to get over things on here.  Act as if he's an ex wife or something.

Talk about carrying baggage.

I forgot about Jos 2 weeks after he left

I agree time to move on ...

Don't dwell eh ?

Oh Fùck you Paul Weller 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

Owlstalk needs a vomit emoji 

4 hours ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

Some very prominent posters on here backed loony Jos when he binned him.

Bizarre Apologists at their finest.