Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

  • Disagree 14
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baconites spreading rumours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake news, the Blades will be looking for a better acquisition than a 35 year old keeper whose best days are behind him, he was poor against Chelsea this season,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

 

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

 

I wasn’t exactly critical of Westwood not playing I’ll hold my hands up to that, fantastic goalkeeper but I was certain we wasn’t challenging anyway so could see some sense in a nod to the future with a highly rated keeper in Dawson, who I now firmly beleive needs a loan or even permanent transfer away if he’s gonna make it at this level

 

will the ones who fully supported JL stay silent ?

 

Probably as silent as the ones who insisted 110% it was all Chansiris fault 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

 

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

 

Have to agree with this. I couldn't believe that some genuinely thought there was very little difference between Westwood and Dawson lol....

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

Geographically wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference he lives in Stockport (poynton I think) on that logic he would be better signing for Stockport County 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll sign Henderson, Westwood won't want to be number 2 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

 

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

Did Luhukay freeze him out?? Don't think anyone from the club ,including Westwood have suggested that have they? Anyway I cant see Blades signing a player who says he wants a season ticket to watch Wednesday next season in any event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I backed jos when he left Westwood out just as I backed bullen when he put him back in   .....if Westwood does leave I feel it will be because he's got a better deal than we can offer him rather than some supporters backing the bloke who left him out .

Same here.

 

If Westwood goes it will be because he wants to leave us and for no other reason.

 

He'll be 35 in October and has maybe two more top seasons in him IF he can stay injury free. I've no problem with him spending that time here, however if he moves on I won't lose sleep over it. Dawson whilst not yet as good is still a capable replacement.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

 

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

Divisive  rubbish. Stop looking for an argument and move on.

  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Did Luhukay freeze him out?? Don't think anyone from the club ,including Westwood have suggested that have they? Anyway I cant see Blades signing a player who says he wants a season ticket to watch Wednesday next season in any event.

Also openly states that his kids are mad Wednesdayites. Who were on pitch getting photos with dad on Sunday. Dont think dad would let them down and sign for the pigs.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt it will be a rumour started by the s2 scrubbers , im sure Hector,lazaar and aarons will be next 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Did Luhukay freeze him out?? Don't think anyone from the club ,including Westwood have suggested that have they? Anyway I cant see Blades signing a player who says he wants a season ticket to watch Wednesday next season in any event.

Jos most certainly did freeze Westwood out he told us he was third choice !!! 

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been reported now he's deciding between contract offers from Huddersfield and us. 

 

Can only hope we can compete with their parachute payment boosted offer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Same here.

 

If Westwood goes it will be because he wants to leave us and for no other reason.

 

He'll be 35 in October and has maybe two more top seasons in him IF he can stay injury free. I've no problem with him spending that time here, however if he moves on I won't lose sleep over it. Dawson whilst not yet as good is still a capable replacement.

I can’t agree with that Dawson is not ready to be a top end championship keeper just yet , he lacks confidence for starters . I will lose sleep if we lose Westwood and don’t replace him with someone as good . 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£30 million I will drive him there me sen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...