Westwood to cross divide

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

• Haha 7

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

My prediction is that those fans will stay silent.  But they know who they are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Would love to hear the thoughts of those that backed Luhukay freezing KW out of the first team, should the unthinkable happen and we lose Westwood on a free transfer to a league rival, or even a Premier League team.

I backed jos when he left Westwood out just as I backed bullen when he put him back in   .....if Westwood does leave I feel it will be because he's got a better deal than we can offer him rather than some supporters backing the bloke who left him out .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I wasn’t exactly critical of Westwood not playing I’ll hold my hands up to that, fantastic goalkeeper but I was certain we wasn’t challenging anyway so could see some sense in a nod to the future with a highly rated keeper in Dawson, who I now firmly beleive needs a loan or even permanent transfer away if he’s gonna make it at this level

will the ones who fully supported JL stay silent ?

Probably as silent as the ones who insisted 110% it was all Chansiris fault 

25 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Have to agree with this. I couldn't believe that some genuinely thought there was very little difference between Westwood and Dawson lol....

30 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I'm not sure if this has any credibility but one or two people over the last few weeks are saying if Sheff Utd fail to keep hold of there loan keeper from Man Utd then Westwood is being lined up to replace him. Geographically and financially it would obviously suit him so maybe it has something in it. I hope not i must admit.

Geographically wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference he lives in Stockport (poynton I think) on that logic he would be better signing for Stockport County 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Did Luhukay freeze him out?? Don't think anyone from the club ,including Westwood have suggested that have they? Anyway I cant see Blades signing a player who says he wants a season ticket to watch Wednesday next season in any event.

22 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I backed jos when he left Westwood out just as I backed bullen when he put him back in   .....if Westwood does leave I feel it will be because he's got a better deal than we can offer him rather than some supporters backing the bloke who left him out .

Same here.

If Westwood goes it will be because he wants to leave us and for no other reason.

He'll be 35 in October and has maybe two more top seasons in him IF he can stay injury free. I've no problem with him spending that time here, however if he moves on I won't lose sleep over it. Dawson whilst not yet as good is still a capable replacement.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Divisive  rubbish. Stop looking for an argument and move on.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Did Luhukay freeze him out?? Don't think anyone from the club ,including Westwood have suggested that have they? Anyway I cant see Blades signing a player who says he wants a season ticket to watch Wednesday next season in any event.

Also openly states that his kids are mad Wednesdayites. Who were on pitch getting photos with dad on Sunday. Dont think dad would let them down and sign for the pigs.

21 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Jos most certainly did freeze Westwood out he told us he was third choice !!! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Same here.

If Westwood goes it will be because he wants to leave us and for no other reason.

He'll be 35 in October and has maybe two more top seasons in him IF he can stay injury free. I've no problem with him spending that time here, however if he moves on I won't lose sleep over it. Dawson whilst not yet as good is still a capable replacement.

I can’t agree with that Dawson is not ready to be a top end championship keeper just yet , he lacks confidence for starters . I will lose sleep if we lose Westwood and don’t replace him with someone as good .