Do we expect....

Elmohamadey will not be coming as we already have 2 right backs. Bruce won’t go for Diame as I’m sure he is after young legs.

The plan will be to tie Westwood up for 2 years and recruit Hector. He will then bring in a new left back, defensive midfielder to provide competition for Hutch and a box to box midfielder. He will look to bring in a couple of young wide players with pace. That’s our recruitment done, however if we can release 3 strikers, I think he will like to bring in his own man in up front. 

Guest wilyfox

All those still creaming over Diamé 3yrs on from Wembley, I'd rather loan a younger version like Ejaria from Liverpool. 

Bruce and his team identified our shortcomings immediately. I trust they’ll be equally efficient and forthright in identifying players to fill those gaps and improve us.

Must be English......I wouldn’t want any of those young Dutch fellas they are shybo......lolTo me it doesn’t matter where they are from, I just want them to be hungry for success not fat on complacency.

We need a new Mo Diame, not the old one. Some suggestions in the various threads would easily see us replicating the failings of our more recent transfer policy.

My preferred strategy would be:

CB in the 25-28 year old age bracket who knows the division (Hector, ideally).

FB x 2 in the 20-25 YOAB who know the division or possibly loans from the PL. 

CM aged 28-30. Someone who is a beast of a player and a leader. Someone who can drag the game along by the scruff of the neck.  I also believe this has to be a player who knows the division. 

Winger in the 20-25 YOAB. Not necessarily British but someone with pace - lots of pace. 

So yeah, a preference for British players. 

I’m not anti-foreign but generally speaking it’s a gamble when you go abroad for this level of football. 

17 hours ago, wilyfox said:

All those still creaming over Diamé 3yrs on from Wembley, I'd rather loan a younger version like Ejaria from Liverpool. 

Whos creaming over him? It was a simple suggestion based on the public fact that Bruce as always rated him and he’s a free agent. 

17 hours ago, Blatter said:

Thought he wanted young players to play with intensity and run over the opposition.

Doesn’t sound like Mo Diameter.

Im sure there will be a lot of younger players brought in but I would also anticipate a couple of experienced players arriving as Bruce fully understands the needs of the league.

im not saying Mo Diame is a cert to arrive but we all know that Bruce rates him. 

22 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At 32 Mo Diame is not what we need. Ageing, huge wages, Premier League has been. I really hope the club has learnt from the signings of Boyd, Abdi and Jones that this is not the route to go down. 

Agreed, our central midfield players would be Diame  Bannan Lee Hutchinson and Pelupessy.

That is not the young hard running group of players Bruce claims he wants.

Diame will be 32 when the season starts and I don’t think we can rely on Lee and Hutchinson to play a major part next season.

On 06/05/2019 at 18:45, SallyCinnamon said:

At 32 Mo Diame is not what we need. Ageing, huge wages, Premier League has been. I really hope the club has learnt from the signings of Boyd, Abdi and Jones that this is not the route to go down. 

Ha.  The professional footballer doesn't cease to exist when he hits 32.  Chrikey, you'd write players of that have gone on to do amazing things post 32!  Open the mind a bit.  

26 minutes ago, swinners said:

Ha.  The professional footballer doesn't cease to exist when he hits 32.  Chrikey, you'd write players of that have gone on to do amazing things post 32!  Open the mind a bit.  

Not the point.

He’s a risk. Big wages, wrong side of 30. He might come in and be a revelation but our past experience with these types of signings suggests we should avoid big premier league earners approaching the end of their career. 

In our position not the type of player we should be looking at. We definitely would not be able to afford his wages with FFP

Guest Kameron
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:35, Junk Smuggler said:

....our transfer dealings to be mainly British based this Summer or would you be happy for the net to be cast much wider?

Why cast the net further when the Northern General is 2 mile up the road.  We must be able to fine loads of crocks in there that will sit around doing f**kall for far less than the likes of Hooper, Abdi, Lee ect.

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not the point.

He’s a risk. Big wages, wrong side of 30. He might come in and be a revelation but our past experience with these types of signings suggests we should avoid big premier league earners approaching the end of their career. 

In our position not the type of player we should be looking at. We definitely would not be able to afford his wages with FFP

Difference this time is the manager will be signing them and he knows what he's doing!