Do we expect....

United did it with home based players, but Norwich, the champions, took the opposite approach In both cases the coach was a big factor, both in terms of recruitment, and an innovative tactical approach

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wilder inventing attacking centre halves a full 50 years after Beckenbauers debut.

Ah yes Lord S - the days of the Libero.  Hansen was pretty good at it at Liverpool too.  We could do with a player like that.  A centre half who doesn't get a nose bleed when he carries the ball over the halfway line!  lol!

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At 32 Mo Diame is not what we need. Ageing, huge wages, Premier League has been. I really hope the club has learnt from the signings of Boyd, Abdi and Jones that this is not the route to go down. 

Exactly, our three first choice midfielder are all in and around the 30 year old mark We need some younger legs in that department, that’s for sure

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

....our transfer dealings to be mainly British based this Summer or would you be happy for the net to be cast much wider?

As wide as is needed to get us back where we belong, sure I read that bruce has a scouting system worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I think Bruce will without doubt make that call to Mo Diame weather or not a deal can be struck a a different question 

Jesus, our potential transfer targets are weather dependant as well these days?

• Haha 2