No embargo this summer

On 05/05/2019 at 20:27, Road Runner said:

Was just about to post this....

Looking like we may have some what Derby did with the growing?

Probably what got the Boro chairman’s back up. 

Growing what? Has DC got an attic full?

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

A decent fee for Joao, Reach or Bannan wouldn't cover the transfer for signing players of the same ability.  

I disagree we could replace Bannan with Nick Powell similar players but Powell is 5 years younger and scores more goals. Joao could be a world beater if he applied himself but after 4 years he still is not a first team regular we have others in the current squad who are more consistent, but we could replace him with a championship proven striker on less than the fee and wages we would get for him Gayle and Abrahams spring to mind of good loans that would be cheaper than what we get for Joao.

As for reach he has had a good season this year but has gone of the boil of late, he is not in his prime yet but now could be the time for SWFC to cash in and replace him with a winger with Pace, or a creative midfielder. There are a lot out there and with the probable £10m + we will get for Reach we will easily find a replacement for a lot less money.

Would I get rid of reach probably not unless someone offers north of £12m, Bannan for me does not score enough goals, if he did he would be playing in the Premier league by now and Joao needs to start producing as this season is only the 2nd time in his career he has got to double figures.

3 hours ago, Quist said:

I think Mr C's comment is a reason but he is right in it will constrain our activities. Like you say we have agreed to follow some sort of plan. It is very difficult to explain when some are set in ways from Allen's days and assume everything is not as it seems.

Certain tripe has been trumpeted on here as well with everybody encouraged to listen to what amounted to total tosh. You also get those who like to spread doom and gloom and moan about everything who are quick to jump on bandwagon. 

Birmingham did get punished but in some ways are in good position going forward, they will probably have to follow guidance as year on year loss very high. I am not sure what our loss would be this year but if less than £13 million we would have benefited from having points deduction as would have been free from constraint. The nature of penalties for p&S makes it very difficult to be punished two years in a row if not impossible. Because the penalise you points for amount o debt which effectively wipes all debt over £13 million threshold for previous 3 years.

Its all very well having a go at some posters but it is Mr C himself that at the start of this season who said that if we didn't get promoted this year we would be in FFP trouble.

Then later in the season he said we had broke the limits by an 8 figure sum.

I also think a lot of people are miss understanding what happened to Birmingham there points deduction does not give them free reign to do what they want next season. Teams get judged on a 3 year 'rolling' cycle so this season they got the points deduction for 2016/17 season , 2017/18 season, 2018/19 season (predicted results). At the end of this season the EFL will have their likely results for 2018/19 season confirmed if they break the £39m again they will receive more penalties be it an embargo or points deduction. Them taking the points deduction last season only wipes the slate for last season not the coming season.

Next season they are marked on 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20 season the losses for the 17/18 where £37.5m so the likely chances of the facing additional penalties are very high.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Our future is bright for next season.

Is my opinion anyhow, based on now having a manager who knows what he is bloody doing.

Fully agree. First time we have somebody who knows what he is doing and has a realistic budget to work with since been back in this division.