BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

13 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Other than Hooper, no surprises.

Suspect Hooper's injury record is a big part of the decision

his wage and 'mobility' would also come into the reckoning, we maybe (hopefully) moving the ball quicker next season.

14 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

My pal who somehow gets to hear these things told me about Hooper before the match kicked off also according to his source Lee's contract is a 6 month prove your fitness offer 

2 year deal offered to Westy 

I'm not ITK but stuff he's told me in the past has been reliable 

So you're ITK then.lol

14 hours ago, Beholder said:

Any guesses at the wages that has freed up?

I reckon upwards of 120k per week.

14 hours ago, Beholder said:

Any guesses at the wages that has freed up?

I reckon upwards of 120k per week.

For Jones alone.

Posted nearly 2 weeks ago in “night of the long knives “ thread that 13 had been told their contracts weren’t being renewed, all these players were informed of that at the time.

Same source has told us a further 6 are being made available for transfer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Posted nearly 2 weeks ago in “night of the long knives “ thread that 13 had been told their contracts weren’t being renewed, all these players were informed of that at the time.

Same source has told us a further 6 are being made available for transfer!

Winnall, Rhodes, Joao, Pelupessy, Van Aken and Fox. Hopefully. Would add FF in there too.

I think every single player under contract is for sale - if offers came in, especially the strikers. If SB could sell one of FF / Fletcher / Rhodes he would. If he can’t then there really isn’t much room for him to change the striking options to his liking. Might not be a bad thing, he might see Rhodes / Fletcher perhaps as a force. 

Personally i’d Sell FF and Joao if I could. 

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Winnall, Rhodes, Joao, Pelupessy, Van Aken and Fox. Hopefully. Would add FF in there too.

Next season, FF will play outta his skin to earn a move or new contract.

He'll fire us to promotion or go for decent dosh after Xmas.

7 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I think every single player under contract is for sale - if offers came in, especially the strikers. If SB could sell one of FF / Fletcher / Rhodes he would. If he can’t then there really isn’t much room for him to change the striking options to his liking. Might not be a bad thing, he might see Rhodes / Fletcher perhaps as a force. 

Personally i’d Sell FF and Joao if I could. 

for the money we would get for FF it wont be worth selling him, and paying more for a like for like replacement.

Bruce needs to keep him fit and he will still be a match winner, agree about Joao, hope somebody wants him, Reach and Rhodes

17 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We don't need to replace like for like 

Our squad is/ was bloated Bruce has said a few times that he intended slimming it down 

So 10 out maybe 5 or 6 in 

Agreed and i think the 5/6 brought in will be younger, fitter and more importantly have a resale value.

1 minute ago, ashamanic said:

Bruce doesn’t seem to rate Winall - at least he does t start him, so will probably let him go for any decent offer.

He’s a good judge, neither do I, terrible footballer