RUMBELOWS91

BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

Westwood, Palmer and Lee offered deals 

Neilsen, Preston, O'Grady - also out of contract but nothing confirmed 

1 hour ago, millo said:

I am sure they will all have sat navs so finding Barnsley shouldn't be a problem.

Don't think Barnsley will be looking at our cast offs. They haven't played a player over 26 all season.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I had a sandwedge today, cheese & pickle

Crusty bread ?

Posted (edited)

Given the fact we have 8 forwards it was always likely Hooper and Matias would be released.

Abdi and Jones haven’t been involved much so no surprise they’re going. Pudil hasn’t figured much either. I’m a bit surprised about Boyd given the fact he’s played for Bruce before at Hull.

I think Lee has been offered a deal because we’re short of options in centre midfield and there’s every chance he could be more than useful next season?

I’m still expecting four or five players that are under contract to leave including Reach, Joao, Winnall and Fox?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

No surprises

Hooper

Boyd

Abdi

Jones

Pudil

Matias

Im surprised Abdi has been released. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Love that course. Not sure it loves me.

Fulford in York in great,the plaque is still there when langer played out of tree on 17th.

27 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Sorry for not knowing...hence the question mark....

Fancy not knowing about Morgan Fox's contract. 

You'll be telling us next you don't know when it's Tom Lees birthday.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Do you mean from the club or A&E at the Northern General.

• Haha 2

how deluded and mixed up some of our supporters are. Football is a harsh game, but a lot of our supporters still enjoy living in the past.Yes, Hooper has been a good servant to Wed. but the key words  are 'HAS BEEN'. Bruce is obviously a very pragmatic man , one who can appreciate the contribution made in the past, but is looking towards the future. Up to the last fortnight, Hooper's contribution has  been zero. Bruce is obviously looking to the future and putting the past behind him.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Given the fact we have 8 forwards it was always likely Hooper and Matias would be released.

Abdi and Jones haven’t been involved much so no surprise they’re going. Pudil hasn’t figured much either. I’m a bit surprised about Boyd given the fact he’s played for Bruce before at Hull.

I think Lee has been offered a deal because we’re short of options in centre midfield and there’s every chance he could be more than useful next season?

I’m still expecting four or five players that are under contract to leave including Reach, Joao, Winnall and Fox?

Then, he is in perfect position to note how Boyd's standards dropped since then. Nothing surprising about letting him go.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I suspect that brings us about back to losing around the £13m a year mark (FFP limit) so we may well need to shift a few out now.

We have Winnall and Rhodes surplus to requirements who could generate fees and free up a decent bit of wages.

We have Pulepessy and Fox who wouldn't be missed if we can.find anyone daft enough 

Would be great to shift these 4 asap. 

At the risk of sounding controversial, if offered £6M+ for Nando, I would accept. He’s probably on £20k p/w (minimum). That’s a decent wedge saved and probably more than we’d get for Winnall and Rhodes combined. 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Crusty bread ?

She wasn't in so had to make it misen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sad to see Hooper go, though it’s 100% the right decision.

I wish him well. I loved watching him play for us.

Me too. Sadly not very often recently

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I’m surprised he’s been found!

2 hours ago, Dooogs said:

Hmmm... does this imply that we're in talks with Kieran Lee for next year?

Yes

Poor old Matias. Just opened up a cake shop in town and then he gets sent packing

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does this mean we’ve offered the two youngsters Preston and Nielsen new deals? 

I doubt it. Think U23s .will be announced separately. I think there's 10 out of contract including OGrady.

O Grady

Preston

Nielsen

McCulloch

Wallis

Williams

West

Brennan

Clarke

Hughes.

Can see possibility that all these will be let go.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sad to see Hooper go, though it’s 100% the right decision.

I wish him well. I loved watching him play for us.

l’m gutted about Hopper tbh. I always felt that he did more then just score and was pretty handy at that....when fit.

I think he will go to another championship club as someone will take a punt on him. If he stays fit he will score plenty.

The whole injury thing we’ve had for the last couple of season, might not be to do with the players.

33 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

At the risk of sounding controversial, if offered £6M+ for Nando, I would accept. He’s probably on £20k p/w (minimum). That’s a decent wedge saved and probably more than we’d get for Winnall and Rhodes combined. 

I do wonder where Bruce sits with the strange policy of not selling we've adopted over the last few years. Jack Hung aside it's strongly rumoured we've turned down  good money for the likes of FF, Lees and possibly Bannan and Reach. 

Certainly £6m for a 29 year old with 12 months left who has had minimal impact on the last 2 seasons would surely have to be considered.

1 hour ago, Mus said:

Lee, Hutchinson and FF can go for me as well.

Agree, the only top performing championship player we have is Westwood imho, the rest I wouldn’t be heartbroken if any of them left if i’m honest. Lots of deadwood in the squad and I’m looking forward to Bruce shaking it up and bringing in some younger players hopefully with some pace.....

• Agree 1