BREAKING NEWS - Six players released

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Does this mean we’ve offered the two youngsters Preston and Nielsen new deals? 

I doubt it. Think U23s .will be announced separately. I think there's 10 out of contract including OGrady.

O Grady

Preston

Nielsen

McCulloch

Wallis

Williams

West

Brennan

Clarke

Hughes.

Can see possibility that all these will be let go.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sad to see Hooper go, though it’s 100% the right decision.

I wish him well. I loved watching him play for us.

l’m gutted about Hopper tbh. I always felt that he did more then just score and was pretty handy at that....when fit.

I think he will go to another championship club as someone will take a punt on him. If he stays fit he will score plenty.

The whole injury thing we’ve had for the last couple of season, might not be to do with the players.

33 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

At the risk of sounding controversial, if offered £6M+ for Nando, I would accept. He’s probably on £20k p/w (minimum). That’s a decent wedge saved and probably more than we’d get for Winnall and Rhodes combined. 

I do wonder where Bruce sits with the strange policy of not selling we've adopted over the last few years. Jack Hung aside it's strongly rumoured we've turned down  good money for the likes of FF, Lees and possibly Bannan and Reach. 

Certainly £6m for a 29 year old with 12 months left who has had minimal impact on the last 2 seasons would surely have to be considered.

1 hour ago, Mus said:

Lee, Hutchinson and FF can go for me as well.

Agree, the only top performing championship player we have is Westwood imho, the rest I wouldn’t be heartbroken if any of them left if i’m honest. Lots of deadwood in the squad and I’m looking forward to Bruce shaking it up and bringing in some younger players hopefully with some pace.....

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I do wonder where Bruce sits with the strange policy of not selling we've adopted over the last few years. Jack Hung aside it's strongly rumoured we've turned down  good money for the likes of FF, Lees and possibly Bannan and Reach. 

Certainly £6m for a 29 year old with 12 months left who has had minimal impact on the last 2 seasons would surely have to be considered.

JACK HUNG lollol 

some of the money we have allegedly turned down is mental. 

• Haha 1

All correct decisions for me, Hooper has been a great player make no mistake but given his recent injury record I’m not sorry to see him leave and his wages will be a huge saving for the club

Not too sure Bruce will want to lose FF but if anyone does come in with any kind of decent fee it could be one to think about, Bruce is a wheeler and dealer with huge contacts in the game and is probably already talking to targets 

Just now, Royal_D said:

All correct decisions for me, Hooper has been a great player make no mistake but given his recent injury record I’m not sorry to see him leave and his wages will be a huge saving for the club

Not too sure Bruce will want to lose FF but if anyone does come in with any kind of decent fee it could be one to think about, Bruce is a wheeler and dealer with huge contacts in the game and is probably already talking to targets 

With FF’s age and contract, now is the time to sell IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

l’m gutted about Hopper tbh. I always felt that he did more then just score and was pretty handy at that....when fit.

I think he will go to another championship club as someone will take a punt on him. If he stays fit he will score plenty.

The whole injury thing we’ve had for the last couple of season, might not be to do with the players.

His injury record here of late is shocking and he was on decent money.

Yes he was good when fit, but he is of no use when he off games for 70% of the season, all the while taking a wage. 

Said it time and again, we need players who can play 35 games a season.

Its the right decision.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

With FF’s age and contract, now is the time to sell IMO. 

I would be inclined to agree, couldn’t really put a figure out there that I think would be fair though , interested to see what someone would pay for him 

It actually feels good!!! A bit like when you've tidied the garage, it's been full of sh!t for yonks and you've finally got it just right. Obviously, the key is stopping it from turning into a sh!thole again....... lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Young un's got a Burner Driver. 

Hit a monster at the first at Hallamshire last year, left a sand wedge into the green. 

A bit John Rahm-esque. 

F me, used to be a member there that's a long par 4.

Edited by damianb1