Will championship be an easier division next season

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

They are so unstable there's talk of them taking Westwood on a free and buying Joao.

Irrespective of that they have a tidy parachute payment and enough existing talent to more than match most teams in this league.

Relegation my ars.

Chairman has left.

Their best players will leave.

They won't be signing Joao or Westwood because they aren't willing to pay big wages. They haven't even in the Premier League.

Small fan base who aren't passionate enough to win points and be the 12th man.

Inexperienced manager.

They will be closer to the drop than the top 6.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chairman has left.

They won't be signing Joao or Westwood because they aren't willing to pay big wages. They haven't even in the Premier League.

Inexperienced manager.

Chairman has sold the club. Tell me what you know about their new chairman ? I don't know anything about him. 

Their best players haven't left, no guarantee they will. 

No one can say who they will and won't sign unless YOU have that elusive crystal ball.

Inexperinced manager. Like Wagner. Like Carlos. Like Lampard. 

WTF:

It will be really tough yet again next season,the weak sides have gone,Luton look a tough prospect,barnsley will have confidence and momentum,Id expect charlton to win the play offs,theyve some fine kids.

Comming down,Hudders will be a threat,Cardiff marshelled by capt colin will be up there again,and Fulham have some proven quality as we all witnessed two seasons  back,leeds and derby will add more potency to their sides,west brom will still have parachute payments,Boro will be stronger,Villa should escape this year.......Yeah its gunna be tough,but Norwich did it without spending a fortune just sound investment and a man with a plan.

Wigan and Miwaw will need a lot of work over the summer to stop em both being relegation fodder,QPR and Reading will struggle without some investment striker wise,those four would be my best guess at the wrong end.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chairman has left.

Inexperienced manager.

£40M should keep them afloat...mid-table my guess, though they could possibly do a Sunderland.

And Cardiff / Fulham will have a head start, not saying they will be contenders btw but a huge bonus having dosh in the bank, Fulham will pay the wages..and loads of players like the bright lights of London.

Then three from four, Villa, W Brom, Leeds or Derby all would be top 6 contenders next season and then the unexpected, Swansea, Stoke? or even Barnsley...whatever all will be hard to beat.

It won't be easier next season, just the same, most of the above will be shorter prices than us

Guest wilyfox

I'd say it could be even more of an open race next season. None of the teams coming down are on full parachute payments like Stoke, WBA, and Swansea are. A number of clubs have maxed out the credit card as well, so that should even things up a bit. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I'd say it could be even more of an open race next season. None of the teams coming down are on full parachute payments like Stoke, WBA, and Swansea are. A number of clubs have maxed out the credit card as well, so that should even things up a bit. 

Sorry, what do you mean about the relegated teams not being on full parachute payments? I haven't heard anything about these being reduced.

I think it will be. The 3 teams coming down do not worry me and I would like to see Villa promoted as eventually they will win the league.

I expect Derby and West Brom to be up there, and the likes of Stoke and Swansea to perhaps be stronger, but after that there isn't much else. Leeds next season could come 1st or 12th, very much depends on Bielsa's ambitions. There will be an awful lot of average sides next season - Bristol City, Hull, Birmingham, Forest etc. 

On 05/05/2019 at 11:17, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’m hoping Villa go up from the playoffs. Bielsa will leave, Leeds will sell a couple, Boro will have no parachute payment (and of course the morally perfect Steve Gibson won’t break FFP), fat Frank Lampard will be sacked after a dozen donuts, I mean games. Teams coming down will be Shiite. Biggest threat to us I see next season are West Brom.

If Villa don't go up they are in real trouble. They lose the parachute payments now, and their expenditure is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, The Horse said:

Bugger me, I must've eaten too much hay and fallen asleep for a while but how many trophies did we win from World Wars 2 through to 10?

:Sid:

It's 2319 mate where've you been the last 300 years?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Well I disagree with your comments too, but that’s football.

we finished 2nd from league 1, good points total, big club, good players, and we struggled in the league above. Wigan have just done similar, I personally don’t see the rush better players will have to sign for Barnsley and Luton but that’s my arrogant view. Our team that played Luton this season won’t be as good as the one we’ll have next season, but that’s another arrogant view. 

We struggled thanks to the signing of Jay Borthroyd, who completely ruined the postive mentality of the dressing room from memory.

We were 2nd or 3rd I believe in August. Then Dave Jones goes and signs Jay Bothroyd for 6 months, who was one of the worst loan signings. A complete bad apple and was the start of a poor dressing room. Maguire and Madine were rightfully angered that they were getting zero game time yet for some unknown reason Bothroyd was able to put in poor performance after poor performance, yet still get picked.

Martin Taylor was also signed from Watford and was the experienced centre half we were crying out for due to Anthony Gardener being injured - yet a few mistakes in his matches (Bolton Wanderers stands out), he's dropped but Bothroyd still gets a game. Then to really anger our permanent strikers at the club, we go and sign Mamady Sidibe who was nearly a clone of Enoch Showumni. - Dave Jones what on earth are you doing

Dave Jones ruined that season with the signing of Jay Bothroyd and then continually playing him despite poor performance after poor perforrmance. It wasn't a surprise that our form picked up when he returned to Queens Park Rangers. 

Edited by katie melua

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

The championship gets harder as each season goes by , because every season there are more clubs armed with failure payments .

The payments end after three years, so as a new batch of teams come down, there'll always be a bunch whose payments stop.

Eight Championship teams were receiving parachute payments this season. Next season there'll definitely be seven, possibly rising to eight or nine depending on West Brom and Sunderland's playoff campaigns, so it'll remain pretty consistent.

3 hours ago, katie melua said:

We struggled thanks to the signing of Jay Borthroyd, who completely ruined the postive mentality of the dressing room from memory.

We were 2nd or 3rd I believe in August. Then Dave Jones goes and signs Jay Bothroyd for 6 months, who was one of the worst loan signings. A complete bad apple and was the start of a poor dressing room. Maguire and Madine were rightfully angered that they were getting zero game time yet for some unknown reason Bothroyd was able to put in poor performance after poor performance, yet still get picked.

Martin Taylor was also signed from Watford and was the experienced centre half we were crying out for due to Anthony Gardener being injured - yet a few mistakes in his matches (Bolton Wanderers stands out), he's dropped but Bothroyd still gets a game. Then to really anger our permanent strikers at the club, we go and sign Mamady Sidibe who was nearly a clone of Enoch Showumni. - Dave Jones what on earth are you doing

Dave Jones ruined that season with the signing of Jay Bothroyd and then continually playing him despite poor performance after poor perforrmance. It wasn't a surprise that our form picked up when he returned to Queens Park Rangers. 

Yes, I remember some of the reasons why we struggled. My point is that it’s rare for league 1 clubs to come up and do well.

Wigan were one of the best sides league 1 have seen, they beat Man city’s First team in the fa cup last season, with a top manager, yet haven’t finished in the top half this season. I just find it hard to see why people think Luton will do well next season, when the manager that made them good has left, and Hartford isn’t known for being a good manager at championship level or beyond.   

But its its all about opinions, and mine are arrogant 

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, Brommers said:

Sorry, what do you mean about the relegated teams not being on full parachute payments? I haven't heard anything about these being reduced.

Have to be in the prem for 3yrs+ for full entitlement. Fulham & Cardiff only one season, Huddersfield two. Obviously gives them an advantage still, but they won't get 3yrs of parachute payments. 

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Have to be in the prem for 3yrs+ for full entitlement. Fulham & Cardiff only one season, Huddersfield two. Obviously gives them an advantage still, but they won't get 3yrs of parachute payments. 

Didn't know that, just assumed it was the same "deal" for everyone..

They'll still get the £90m+ TV rights tho, so that's more of an advantage too..

On 05/05/2019 at 19:02, Lawrie Madden said:

Barnsley have big money behind them and are using the moneyball concept thats been quite successful in the past i think they will be a handful

dingles will ALWAYS be a handful when we play 'em, we're their world cup final.

as for dings with money, ill believe it when I see it, there's been more 'false dawns' at jokewell than 'solutions' for brexit.

On 05/05/2019 at 19:53, Simon78 said:

with Blunts and Rotherham going out the division that 4 games where the opposition aren't desperate to beat us because of their inferiorty complex. Would rather be playing Wigan at home instead of toytown whose season depends on their 2 games against us

'whose whole existence depends on their 2 games against us.

15 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chairman has left.

Inexperienced manager.

Didn't they spend about £50M last summer? Albeit poorly spent .

Edited by TheEnchanter