Will championship be an easier division next season

56 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Judging by the gaggle of teams just under the playoffs there are a lot of "nearly there" teams. Depends who spends wisely. Hopefully us. Yhere is usually at least 1 team who are far better than the rest. Sometimes 2.

Hopefully 1 will be us.

Lee Johnson said Bristol City have got a bold transfer plan which he reckons even their own fans will question but theyve identified a possible lull in the market this summer where a lot of the big spenders are in a cooling off period. 

The league will have no giants dropping down from Premier. Likes of Newcastle who peed the league when they dropped down. Quality will still be there 2 of Villa Leeds WBA will be likely to challenge again. Derby .may have money if dont go up as they have sold the ground :ph34r:. It will still be tough as Stoke will surely improve and Swansea had a good second half of season. Others such as Forest Boro Bristol City likely to be there or thereabouts. So in response no the championship wont be easy it never is. Can we challenge yes will we go up maybe with a fair share of luck and SB magic.

Too early to say TBH. I think Villa will be a force if they don't go up. You can always expect at least one of the relegated teams to be in and around it. My guess would be Cardiff.

I think Stoke and Swansea will be more consistent next season. As for others a lot depends on who's in charge. There's likely to be new managers at West Brom, Middlesborough, QPR, even Leeds?

What I am confident about is we'll be a different proposition next season.

Hard to compare with the hash we made of this season I’d of thought in theory with how the bigger hitters have performed this year it was one of the easiest to get out of but probably the inconsistency suggests it was one of the hardest 

I know one thing we will be a different beast next year and I’m hopefully with a decent start we will be around the playoffs maybe higher for the most part 

I think everyone is assuming we will be play offs at least next season. Reality is we will be in a transitional period. We have to be patient we have the right man in charge give him time. If we make the playoffs it’s a bonus 

Can never say in this league. I would never have said Norwich would have gone up, but one things for sure this season is their hasn’t been a “Wolves”, no standout team who ran away with anything. 

I don’t think any of Huddersfield or Cardiff coming down will be a contender next season however if Fulham hire a decent manager I think they’ll be a decent side. 

Villa will for me be the team that standout next season, however they’ll have to replace Tammy Abraham, and replacing a 25 goal player isn’t easy. 

Also think Leeds could be up there again but since Christmas they’ve been a shadow of the team they was before. 

So for me I think it’s another year where there is a big opportunity for 3/4 of the league. 

It will be competitive as ever but I don’t think there will be any standout teams. 

If Bruce gets his recruitment right, we could mount a challenge next season. Keeping Westwood and Hector are key and we need to bring some energy and pace into this team. 

To be honest I find this league is far more entertaining and competitive than the Premier, so I’m probably very much in the minority to say I’m not that bothered about going up. I do understand there’s a generation who’ve not experienced it, so I would  be happy for them to have the experience.

• Like 1

Guest The Horse
2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

The critical factor will be can we start well for a bloody change.

Do that and we say the league will be easier this season.

This and being able to beat the niggly teams that we always seem to struggle against: Preston, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Derby. We NEVER get much joy from those games.

Well, we don't seem to anyway.

Next season we will be starting our twentieth year in the second tier, or lower, so it's fair to say that as far as Sheff Wednesday are concerned, the Championship has never been an easy league and I don't see why it would be any easier next season.  In fact, with increased the parachute payments such as Huddersfield will have, it will be a lot harder.

How big a stadium you have and how many cups you won before WW11 is completely irrelevant nowadays.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

No body coming up from league one to worry about

20 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

It will be poorer, small clubs Barnsley and Luton coming up too. 

What ridiculous comments.

Luton Town - Wednesday played them home and away this season and won 1-0 on aggregate over two legs.  Both were even games that could have gone either way.  They’ll be no mugs next season IMO.

Barnsley - Built a decent team with no players in their squad aged over 26.  So you’d expect them to get better as their player’s potential develops.  Ended up with 91 points this year, so promotion was no fluke.

I’d say the two sides that have already confirmed promotion will be competitive next season.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if either were to finish above us in the league this time next year.

We don’t even know who the third promotion club is yet.  So how can we be so sure that they won’t be a threat next season?

Honestly, it’s no wonder that our fans get branded as arrogant.

13 minutes ago, The Captain said:

What ridiculous comments.

Luton Town - Wednesday played them home and away this season and won 1-0 on aggregate over two legs.  Both were even games that could have gone either way.  They’ll be no mugs next season IMO.

Barnsley - Built a decent team with no players in their squad aged over 26.  So you’d expect them to get better as their player’s potential develops.  Ended up with 91 points this year, so promotion was no fluke.

I’d say the two sides that have already confirmed promotion will be competitive next season.  And I wouldn’t be surprised if either were to finish above us in the league this time next year.

We don’t even know who the third promotion club is yet.  So how can we be so sure that they won’t be a threat next season?

Honestly, it’s no wonder that our fans get branded as arrogant.

Well I disagree with your comments too, but that’s football.

we finished 2nd from league 1, good points total, big club, good players, and we struggled in the league above. Wigan have just done similar, I personally don’t see the rush better players will have to sign for Barnsley and Luton but that’s my arrogant view. Our team that played Luton this season won’t be as good as the one we’ll have next season, but that’s another arrogant view. 

Guest The Horse
5 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

How big a stadium you have and how many cups you won before WW11 is completely irrelevant nowadays.

Bugger me, I must've eaten too much hay and fallen asleep for a while but how many trophies did we win from World Wars 2 through to 10?

:Sid:

On 05/05/2019 at 19:03, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think we could see Huddersfield drop through the leagues back to the basement.

Starting next term.

They are so unstable there's talk of them taking Westwood on a free and buying Joao.

Irrespective of that they have a tidy parachute payment and enough existing talent to more than match most teams in this league.

Relegation my ars.