Will championship be an easier division next season

All we need to do is make sure we are better than every other team and we will stroll it.

I know that is obvious but I just feel with Bruce in charge we can do something special. If we can get over the P & S problem and spend a relatively small amount on the right players we should fear no one.

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Would think the teams from League 1 will make a better fist of it than Rotherham, Ipswich and Bolton have as they’ve lost most weeks particularly second half of the season. Not sure they’ll challenge top half but will be no easy games

think it will be alot tougher than this season imo

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

We also took part and failed in arguably the 'easiest' play off campaign there'd been for years. People measure it on how big they think a club is as to whether the league is easy. 

That's still the killer for me. Hudders in the semis and Reading waiting in the final. And we still screwed it up. Still can't get over that. 

2 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

That's still the killer for me. Hudders in the semis and Reading waiting in the final. And we still screwed it up. Still can't get over that. 

Yes when you look back it’s even worse now and emphasises what a wee wee tail of both games Carlos made in the semis.

The important principle is that we need a squad that can perform consistently well and bring home the points when they perform well, irrespective of the opposition.  This league always provides unexpected results and we need to be the team that performs week in, week out.

I think it swings around.

Next season in the Premier League will be tough. The poorest teams will be Brighton, Pigs and Norwich (assuming Villa go up).

Championship wont be any tougher next season that this.

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

Yes when you look back it’s even worse now and emphasises what a wee wee tail of both games Carlos made in the semis.

Absolutely. I was disappointed at the time but not gutted. However when Hudders then won the final that hurt. I couldn't help thinking that should have been us. It hurt far more than the piggies going up this year because we were never really in it this season. That year felt like it was ours. 

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

It won't be easy, but for me the quality if the championship has been declining for a couple of seasons now!

Definitely. Wasn't fantastic last year and no better this year. Don't think we need to improve that much to have a great chance next season. Need to keep Hector and Westwood and add some pace. 

I don’t think it’ll be tougher next season but I think the likes of Stoke and Swansea could be a lot stronger as well as who ever doesn’t go up out of Villa and West Brom.

Leeds will probably get even closer next season then fall apart as usual.

It’s difficult (and will be difficult again) because so many teams are of a similar standard. For same reason you don’t need to be world beaters to get promoted. Decent recruitment, a bit of luck and, most importantly, consistency is what we need. In short, “we’ve got  a sniff”

1 hour ago, bhaigh107 said:

Cardiff poor team – Warnock to leave

Huddersfield very poor team inexperienced manager/coach more likely to go down than up

Fulham Mitrovic will leave

No body coming up from league one to worry about

Middlesboro – Pulis will leave

Leeds will Bielsa stay

Contrary to popular belief the championship isn't as difficult as some believe, just ask the grunters.

Edited by Blue and white

I don't think it gets easier, the pressure increases, the expectation increases, and as we have seen yet again this year anyone can beat anyone. 

If we can have a season where injuries are at a minimum and can make the signings we want and need who knows we should be there or thereabouts.

with Blunts and Rotherham going out the division that 4 games where the opposition aren't desperate to beat us because of their inferiorty complex. Would rather be playing Wigan at home instead of toytown whose season depends on their 2 games against us

Hopefully WBA will go up

Villa will surely have to cut their cloth if they don’t make it

Id fancy Bielsa to leave Leeds 

Derby will do a derby and finish between 6th and 9th 

41 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We also took part and failed in arguably the 'easiest' play off campaign there'd been for years. People measure it on how big they think a club is as to whether the league is easy. 

Disagree, those playoffs werent easy but they were there for the taking weren’t they, I’d say the semi we lost was against worse opposition than Brighton the season before. Huddersfield didn’t even score a goal in open play but every team went into their shell. 

I think it’s less about being easy but more about there being fewer teams who already take a guaranteed spot. For example if Newcastle had come down again it’s almost 1 of six spots already taken. West Brom would’ve been my pick for the top two this summer, but the likes of Swansea looked in trouble. 

Weve just seen United go up with sharp and Mcgoldrick bagging a shed load and we only turned up for a third of the season and nearly finished 9th. Just seems a more forgiving year this time around with perhaps a few too many teams having a few issues.

16 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

Cardiff poor team – Warnock to leave

Huddersfield very poor team inexperienced manager/coach more likely to go down than up

Fulham Mitrovic will leave

No body coming up from league one to worry about

Middlesboro – Pulis will leave

Leeds will Bielsa stay

The arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing at times.....yet again some fans think we have a divine right to go up

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

The arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing at times.....yet again some fans think we have a divine right to go up

My thoughts too 

Rubbish teams coming up apparently 

Barnsley have gotten plaudits all season for their style of Football as have Luton 

United were going to struggle when they came up too i seem to remember 

The sides coming down are imo the 3 sides best equipped to play in the Championship much more so than the likes of Stoke for example last season so again imo will make the division that much tougher .

Add into that the 3 sides that will fail in the play-offs plus a revitalised Swansea, Preston Forest who will probably spend again Boro who always do and it adds up to a very tough division yet again.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

It gets worse every year - hence Blades.

If Villa go up , really poor so ready for Brucey to take us up.

Justify that statement 

United ( taking out the rivalry ) have been one of the best sides in the division the last 2 seasons certainly imo the best managed yet you seem to be saying that the only decent side are Villa 

Absolute nonsense