Bruce says 5/ 6 new signings at least

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Bruce will want to go into next season with wide options and have pace he has reach, forestieri can play there but I suspect when forestieri will play it will be off the striker or a free role we saw him so this a few times this year especially when hooper wasn’t playing.

we know Bruce wants pace in the team and younger legs I fully expect him to add two players already made for the wife positions with high energy and pace regardless of if he seek either forestieri or reach. He will want to kick off the season with options and an attacking threat. And he will want to play each game with two wide players and one on the bench.

i think when Bruce said 5/6 players at least that’s with our current squad. I’m sure if he gets a decent price for reach or forestieri he will bring in another wide man making it 3 in. 

It’s good to have options, for sure, but if we play with 2 wingers, we might as well show Bannan the door. There’s no way he can play in a central two, nor Hutch We will need our central two to be able to both defend and attack

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Steve Bruce also said he doesn’t expect to get 5-6 in this summer , it will take longer . 

I thought he said he'd like to get them in time for pre season training but knows that's unlikely.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Steve Bruce also said he doesn’t expect to get 5-6 in this summer , it will take longer . 

When did he say that I’m sure he said he wanted 5/6 coming in through the door I assume like that he means this transfer window 

otherwise he might as well said 26 players and spread it over 5 seasons 

I personally think that will be his minimum and depending on who he can get out he will bring more in 

my guess is we will see between 7-9 arrive 

Edited by fpowl

9 minutes ago, fpowl said:

When did he say that I’m sure he said he wanted 5/6 coming in through the door I assume like that he means this transfer window 

otherwise he might as well said 26 players and spread it over 5 seasons 

I personally think that will be his minimum and depending on who he can get out he will bring more in 

my guess is we will see between 7-9 arrive 

Well I hope he can get all the players he is planning on bringing in all in one swoop but it’s very unlikely , more a building process and patience. I think he spoke about it in the interview after the QPR game .

Edited by dewsburyowl58

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

all good at mo but if we start next season like this one how long before the murmers start ??

11 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

all good at mo but if we start next season like this one how long before the murmers start ??

And if we carry on where we left off , barring QPR, with some new players with pace we may do well . Either way Steve Bruce must be given time , but he won’t get it if it doesn’t start well will he ?