Bruce says 5/ 6 new signings at least

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I get the sense Bruce knows exactly who he wants already, a refreshing change from previous years when our recruitment has been disorganised and random. 

Probably already set the wheels in motion on some . I can see our business being done early .

This is the plan;

Loan or buy Hector

Bring a new left back in

Look to bring in a box to box powerful midfielder, someone like Onomah but not him to compete with Lee.

Defensive midfielder to compete with Hutch

2 wide players with pace, skill and energy 

Sell Rhodes and Winnall as a minimum given cumulative wages of £53k PW and they are out of favour. May have to loan out. Rhodes could be difficult given high wages.

Look to move on Fox, Joey, Dave, JVA if possible but again this will be difficult.

If a big bid comes in for Reach or Joao consider it, if it means we can rebuild the team.

I think Bruce would love a quality mobile front man who scores goals but a number of strikers need to be moved on before this is an option .

Edited by Bouncing Owl

The jury is out on Steve Bruce’s signings for me, 3 in, of which 2 were never fit, and the other one, although a useful squad player, shouldn’t displace Palmer, who is the more complete defender. Given that he only arrived back from the beach at the end of January, perhaps he has an excuse Needs to do much better though in this window

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, fpowl said:

Ok let’s go with 5 priority 1 bonus 

what positions you think he’s looking at m

id say the five priority is 

CB

Winger

Winger

CM

CB

The bonus is 

LB

id also take other CM and CF but this will depend on sales winnal, pelupessy, Fox, Van aken I would say are surplus to requirements for me they will be spectators next year if here 

not so sure we'll be looking for 2 wingers, figure bruce will want to be tight in the middle.

CB

LB

CM anchor to act as hutch replacement when hutch is not available.

CM playmaker to replace bannan, when bannan is not available.

Winger, fast and skilful.

Striker, at least one, with pace, movement, and goals in him (vardyesque). hopefully 2, the second being a more mobile version of fletcher when he's out.

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The jury is out on Steve Bruce’s signings for me, 3 in, of which 2 were never fit, and the other one, although a useful squad player, shouldn’t displace Palmer, who is the more complete defender. Given that he only arrived back from the beach at the end of January, perhaps he has an excuse Needs to do much better though in this window

With most things, I agree with you but the above is harsh. Bruce can’t help that Aarons and Lazaar have had injury problems. All 3 that were brought in have energy and pace and Iorfa has a big physical presence - I think he will be a good signing in time. He’s raw and he shouldn’t displace Palmer yet but that should be a good battle for right back next season.

Bruce knows what he’s doing and our signings will be certainly targeted in the summer to address our glaring weaknesses.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

5 minutes ago, striker said:

I get the sense Bruce knows exactly who he wants already, a refreshing change from previous years when our recruitment has been disorganised and random. 

Dean Ashton on the EFL show commented yesterday on the way Norwich signed players with the attributes to fit their system rather then going for big names last summer.

After the excesses of the Carvalhal years left us with a disjointed and bloated squad, we need a similarly focused and coherent approach to recruitment, which is exactly what I'm hoping Bruce is going to provide.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dean Ashton on the EFL show commented yesterday on the way Norwich signed players with the attributes to fit their system rather then going for big names last summer.

After the excesses of the Carvalhal years left us with a disjointed and bloated squad, we need a similarly focused and coherent approach to recruitment, which is exactly what I'm hoping Bruce is going to provide.

Yes, that would be the sensible approach None of us can yet be sure how Bruce wants to set up though. He seems to favour a flat back four, which I’m happy about, but further forward, it’s unclear how he wants to do things Suppose, to a certain extent, he’s been governed by the players we have, but I had hoped we’d have a clearer idea of how we will set up

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

At the tail end of the January transfer window and with very little to spend, we were only going to be able to sign players who were out of favour and therefore lacking match fitness. That they may pick up niggles as they tried to play themselves back into fitness was just a risk we had to take.

All three of his signings added some much needed pace to our squad and all showed that they were good players. In his short time at the club, Iorfa has already contributed more goals and assists than Palmer has managed since the start of the 14/15 season, which shows just what he adds to our squad. 

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes after Carlos’ first season we needed a new CB, DM and winger. Similar to the attributes of Knockaert, Duffy and Kayal. These players cost Brighton around £8m, we went out and spent about £15m that we had available on the likes of Rhodes, Abdi and Reach. Not to mention the following year spending £3m+ on JVA.

So yes it’s time we sign the right players that we need, and I’m confident Bruce will do that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, that would be the sensible approach None of us can yet be sure how Bruce wants to set up though. He seems to favour a flat back four, which I’m happy about, but further forward, it’s unclear how he wants to do things Suppose, to a certain extent, he’s been governed by the players we have, but I had hoped we’d have a clearer idea of how we will set up

4-2-3-1 has been his preferred approach in recent years, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't want us to use the same setup.

He could only work with the squad we had though, and it probably wasn't the best setup for the players at his disposal.

26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not worked out as their lack of fitness has clearly caused some strains when the rigours of first team championship football took hold.

However,  they were exactly the right type of signings. 

Young, fast, powerful. 

Those types with a full pre season under their belt are exactly the sorts needed to freshen up this pedestrian squad. 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

At the tail end of the January transfer window and with very little to spend, we were only going to be able to sign players who were out of favour and therefore lacking match fitness. That they may pick up niggles as they tried to play themselves back into fitness was just a risk we had to take.

All three of his signings added some much needed pace to our squad and all showed that they were good players. In his short time at the club, Iorfa has already contributed more goals and assists than Palmer has managed since the start of the 14/15 season, which shows just what he adds to our squad. 

Yes the key thing was the pace they brought to the side, but whether or not they were the right personnel, I’m not sure Happy to have Iorfa on board, as he gives us options in the back four

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

4-2-3-1 has been his preferred approach in recent years, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't want us to use the same setup.

He could only work with the squad we had though, and it probably wasn't the best setup for the players at his disposal.

True, and that set up, or a variation of it, would seem to be the way forward

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think that's a tad harsh Guru...…………………..he has already said if Newcastle hadn`t been as generous then we wouldn't have been able to bring anyone in, so his hands were tied, and for £200,000 I think Iorfa is a steal

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

Think that's a tad harsh Guru...…………………..he has already said if Newcastle hadn`t been as generous then we wouldn't have been able to bring anyone in, so his hands were tied, and for £200,000 I think Iorfa is a steal

Wasn’t really meant to be harsh, but I suppose it shows, that outside factors can often determine whether a signing is judged a success or not Looked at in the cold light of day, you wouldn’t say the signings of Aarons and Lazaar were a success, would you.

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think you’re being a bit harsh there guru. When you bring in Loans mid-season, it’s invariably because they haven’t been playing for their parent club so fitness more than likely becomes an issue. The bottom line is when they have been available they have been an upgrade on the players they have replaced which is what you want.

As for Iorfa I would have him in the side ahead of Palmer every day of the week. 3 goals in 3 months compared to 1 goal in 8 years and the type of physical player that will thrive under Bruce at this level.

I’m looking forward to seeing what Bruce does in the market, it will be vastly different to what we have seen for a while.

Edited by Great Big Galaa