Bruce says 5/ 6 new signings at least

Guess it all depends on who we keep on or who accepts their offers. 

GK becomes priority if Westwood declines. 

You'd imagine CB is sorted if we can keep Hector but if not then that jumps to top of the list. 

If Matias and Boyd are not retained, then two wingers are needed. If Lee isn’t successful in recovery then at least one CM is needed, more likely two. 

Whilst we we have a host of strikers, not sure we have one that is able to consistently play week in week out, assuming we trim them down I’d expect a young robust striker in there too. 

12 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Guess it all depends on who we keep on or who accepts their offers. 

GK becomes priority if Westwood declines. 

You'd imagine CB is sorted if we can keep Hector but if not then that jumps to top of the list. 

If Matias and Boyd are not retained, then two wingers are needed. If Lee isn’t successful in recovery then at least one CM is needed, more likely two. 

Whilst we we have a host of strikers, not sure we have one that is able to consistently play week in week out, assuming we trim them down I’d expect a young robust striker in there too. 

I’m thinking the reason he said at least 5/6 signings is because he’s basing that on the players he’s offered a contract to offering them too to stay otherwise that 5/6 will be added to 

I think Westwood, Palmer, lee will be retained the rest will go 

this will leave us light out wide but these needed improving and with pace too so two wide men would be in the five for me to complement reach and possibly forestieri pace is key here Aarons showed his worth so someone like that and another one with pace I said in the transfer thread Sammi Ameobi would be ideal on a free on not cost the world he’s pace to burn and would be a great option on the bench and can really stretch teams 

two centre backs we all want hector then I’d go for the ultimate pro I know Bruce favours an experienced CB around he always seem to sign one so I’m going to throw Cahil in the mix I know loads think it’s unrealistic and I suspect he’d be an ideal target for a newly promoted team ( I won’t say who ) either way I think we will go for someone like him top ageing pro that’s been right at the top of the game 

I think we will go for a midfielder that can really stamp authority in the middle two again on frees that Bruce likes Mo Diame and Whelan ( he might add a young midfielder on loan as a preference though ) spring to mind that would be the 5 for me the 6th would be left back someone again who can get up and down the Pitch with pace so we have pace all down both flanks I’ve not a suggestion other than Lazaar so someone like him. 

Then I’m greedy so if we can sell or loan some of the players that are deemed surplus I’ll throw these names in van Aken, pelupessy, Fox, winnal, possibly Rhodes or Joao  then I’d like to see another CM either the youngen I mentioned earlier or the one that stamps authority depending on which option he went first time around. And a pacy CF 

its a a big overhaul but one I think we need and I’d say could be assembled relatively cheap on frees and loans 

Bruce needs to figure out how we are going to play before he can attempt to make a list. For example, if we are going to play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, we won’t need wingers. If we are going to play with wingers, then we will need a completely new midfield pairing

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I think that the players we need in are, 

err, hmmm, think I'll leave it to Bruce.

Just hope he does what I want.

Hope that's clear then.

Well I suppose we have to Didn’t get much mileage out of Aarons and Lazaar though

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well I suppose we have to Didn’t get much mileage out of Aarons and Lazaar though

No, but to be fair limited match fitness didn't help, when they did get on the pitch they were better on their day than what

we already had.

Edited by daleblue

Westwood

Iorfa  Lees   Hector   NEW

Reach-Bannan-NEW (or fit Hutch)-NEW

Forestieri

Fletch

Dawson

Thorniley

Palmer

Lee

Joao

Nuhiu

NEW (winger)

So 4 new first team squad players required IF we can keep Westwood and sign Hector.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Ok let’s go with 5 priority 1 bonus 

what positions you think he’s looking at m

id say the five priority is 

CB

Winger

Winger

CM

CB

The bonus is 

LB

id also take other CM and CF but this will depend on sales winnal, pelupessy, Fox, Van aken I would say are surplus to requirements for me they will be spectators next year if here 

Left back surely has to be the first position to be filled, Fox was simply awful again today

Just now, meggoisgod said:

Left back surely has to be the first position to be filled, Fox was simply awful again today

Agree but Unless we move one out I don’t think he will

we have penny fox and Palmer that can all play there and only three centre backs 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper is superb, but has to go. No way can he be an integral part of a promotion season.

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector Palmer

New Bannan New Reach

Fletcher New

That team would only get promoted if the new players are Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

That team would only get promoted if the new players are Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard

Why?

Its the 8 fit regulars that would be in every fan’s first Xl.

Add in 3 new regularly available high quality first picks and it’s an excellent team.