6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why is it utter tripe?

As I said on another thread  Ive had contact with him for a couple of years 

Its classic owlstalk someone posts a rumour and before you know where you are its fact 

Chinese whispers 

Would people think any differently if I suggested...

- He’s tried to terminate his contract before now but Chansiri has kept him here for some silly reason.

- He hasn’t been as injured as it’s been made out.

- He gave an interview to foreign press while he was meant to be injured, basically undermining Carlos. This didn’t go down well with the management or chairman. For this reason he was frozen out.

21 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's been alluded to at the fans forum a couple of times.

Chansiri's opinion was "Abdi has absolutely no respect for Sheffield Wednesday"

Katrien Meire mentioned "Cultural differences"

Players seem happy training with him everyday, even though he's not contributing, so they understand his situation.

I think it boils down to an emotional dejphon being in the locker room, he made an example out of him. Possibly wrongly, who knows.

I might be waaaaaaay off here but I’ve wondered if there is a mental health element to this. Wondered whether AA has suffered with something and it’s been misinterpreted by people at the club.  Like I said, I could be way off the mark.  I think Abdi has been a terrible signing but without knowing all the facts and, most importantly, Abdi’s perspective we will never know what went on. 

4 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

About a year ago, I had heard from someone on the inside that Abdi was struggling really badly with depression and had at points become suicidal.

Wish him all the best in the future but glad he’s not on the payroll from now on.

That would be really sad if true

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

As I said on another thread  Ive had contact with him for a couple of years 

Its classic owlstalk someone posts a rumour and before you know where you are its fact 

Chinese whispers 

I didnt say it was fact. Just that it would make sense way he is nowhere near the first team and no real information why.

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I might be waaaaaaay off here but I’ve wondered if there is a mental health element to this. Wondered whether AA has suffered with something and it’s been misinterpreted by people at the club.  Like I said, I could be way off the mark.  I think Abdi has been a terrible signing but without knowing all the facts and, most importantly, Abdi’s perspective we will never know what went on. 

Like I said above, unfortunately this is true.

Abdi struggled badly during his time with Wednesday and essentially, wasn’t fit enough to play

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

All we know is that DC called him out during the fans forum. Chansiri seems like a decent guy and would no doubt be very supportive if there was an ongoing health problem

My issue is we never heard Abdi’s side. 

In general, I’m shocked by the number of fans who think it’s ok to jump on him without knowing the full story.

For me, the bottom line is he’s been treated like poo pretty much since he got here and didn’t stand a chance.

Edited by siowls
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Lovely Man 1992 said:

Like I said above, unfortunately this is true.

Abdi struggled badly during his time with Wednesday and essentially, wasn’t fit enough to play

Apologies - missed your post. 

Terrible if true and assuming he has suffered with his mental health I wish him all the best moving forward. 

My observations of Abdi as a SWFC player. 

Came on as sub in pre-season against Port Vale. Scored and looked classy. 

Played in first two games against Villa and Norwich. Gave TV interviews for Sky and was tweeting regularly, wishing team luck and posting photos of himself in Wednesday gear. Carlos played him on the left rather than the centre. Played okay but not brilliant. 

Brought off at half-time against Burton Albion. Carlos said he wasn't fit. After that his appearances became less regular until he was out of the team altogether. Carlos said he needed a mini pre-season. 

Injury crisis in December and he is brought back into centre mid against Rotherham. Gets injured - shoulder and has to go off. Spends more time out. A few sub appearances. 

Returns season after. Carlos impressed with him in training. Comes back into first team at Forest and scores a worldie. Stays in team for Leeds match where he replaces Bannan. Plays poorly and gets dropped again. Stops posting on social media. Appears at end of season lap of appreciation. Only player not wearing charity t-shirt. 

This season - only been seen in training photos. 

The enigma that is Abdi. 

44 minutes ago, siowls said:

Would people think any differently if I suggested...

- He’s tried to terminate his contract before now but Chansiri has kept him here for some silly reason.

- He hasn’t been as injured as it’s been made out.

- He gave an interview to foreign press while he was meant to be injured, basically undermining Carlos. This didn’t go down well with the management or chairman. For this reason he was frozen out.

Where's this interview?

Think only our club could ever sign such a seemingly excellent player and get absolutely nothing in return. I have mates who have lost their legs who have subsequently competed in the Para Olympics in the same time Abdi cannot bring himself to retain a level of fitness to at least train with the squad. Absolute skidmark

3 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Knowing our luck, Wilder will sign him for the pigs, turn him into a world beater and he’ll rip the EPL a new one. 

No because unlike Carlos , wilder knows a sack of sh!t . God that hurt me to compliment him 

Edited by james o connor
  • Haha 1