31 minutes ago, pameter said:

The only thing i can think of  is that the Dr has sign him off through mental Illness .Thats my guess

Yeah this, summat's surely gone off between then and now - this just isn't normal. There's a series of images on an old thread I posted of him between 2015-2017, and it's just shocking how much he's degenerated physically. Dread to think where he's at in 2019 in that regard.

I'm doing my best to give him benefit of the doubt until it eventually comes out in the wash. I'm sure it will.

So frustrating as a fan of a club struggling with FFP stuff, but tbf he's just one of many balck holes we've thrown shocking amounts of cash down in recent years.

I do hope he's alright in the more general sense, like. Would hate to hear it was something horrendous for him/his family, but almost wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Can't imagine what his plans are for next season - surely he's not destined for anything like this level of football, if it's football at all.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

It’s something very personal otherwise I’m sure Bruce would have said summat

Inclined to agree, it's the only logical explanation. I do wish him well, as infuriating as it's been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Has one of the reporters at a press conference asked Bruce directly what the problem is. Bruce seems to give straight answers to direct questions.

They haven’t, which is frustrating of the local journalists. Unless they too know something we don’t.

If it is serious I wish him all the best, but Chansiri certainly didn’t seem happy about him at the fans forum in December. Didn’t he say that Abdi has no respect for the club? If something seriously was up with Abdi, I doubt Chansiri would say something like that. 

5 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m convinced there is something we don’t know re: Abdi. 

Such a disappointing signing. 

It's been alluded to at the fans forum a couple of times.

Chansiri's opinion was "Abdi has absolutely no respect for Sheffield Wednesday"

Katrien Meire mentioned "Cultural differences"

Players seem happy training with him everyday, even though he's not contributing, so they understand his situation.

I think it boils down to an emotional dejphon being in the locker room, he made an example out of him. Possibly wrongly, who knows.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

My best guess is mental health problems. 

Dont think he had a record of being a bad egg before he joined SWFC.

Sure if had done something that bad we would have sacked him before now.

Mental health ...Utter tripe ,who makes this sh 1 t up ?