Gary Cahill

10 hours ago, canadianowl said:

He's 33 and could dominate at Championship level. A CB that would take us over the top. What good would it be for him to go to the blunts for a season and get stomped and relegated and stuck there on contract the last years of his career? Would love to see him here, he'd be an instant lock and an experienced pro we really need.

Agree with this, why would a player want to play in the premier on a long contract  at 33 when he can ply his trade in the championship ?

It's a no brainer!

Plus he doesn't want to be stomped on 

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

If Gary Cahill is a wednesdayite  ,He would take a paycut to play for us ,Imagine him saying to his kids or grand kids .In the last 2 yrs of my career  I had offers to play for clubs ,But I had plenty of money in the bank ,Wednesday were the team I had supported all my life ,So I came home played for my boyhood club and got them back in the premier.This is how Bruce should put it to him.Cahill is a class act even now.

Has he actually said he supports Wednesday or is it to be filed with the Thompson twins and Michael Palin?

8 minutes ago, the monk said:

Has he actually said he supports Wednesday or is it to be filed with the Thompson twins and Michael Palin?

Wait, The Thompson twins from Tintin support us? See, you learn something new everyday.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

He used to sit in south with his dad in midweek games ,When not playing .

Not sure this can be used as evidence, someone spots him at a game and next thing it's all midweek games and how do we know it was his dad? did someone ask him ?

Flimsy evidence this 

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

He was at Brighton with some of his  family for play off semi final 

More flimsy evidence! Any pics ?

Not a shred to say hes a Wednesday fan

Beginning to think hes no more a Wednesday fan than Wildet!

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

If Gary Cahill is a wednesdayite  ,He would take a paycut to play for us ,Imagine him saying to his kids or grand kids .In the last 2 yrs of my career  I had offers to play for clubs ,But I had plenty of money in the bank ,Wednesday were the team I had supported all my life ,So I came home played for my boyhood club and got them back in the premier.This is how Bruce should put it to him.Cahill is a class act even now.

Sorry I missed who you are? Thanks for playing for us though 

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

More likely to go to United I reckon, especially if we are serious about bringing Hector back

Cahill is a life long Wednesday fan why would he want to sign forUnited ? Sure he would have bigger and better offers than playing at the stye.

Cahill, Vardy, Michael Vaughan, Michael Palin & a couple of Arctic Monkeys set to sign next week. They’re all such big fans they’re paying us to play & will even sweep up after every home game. My brothers sisters uncle, who’s a priest and never lies sez so.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Really sold it to me there, here Gary have 80k a week to play for West Ham or 20k at Wednesday.