Gary Cahill

5 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

SB had the best years in his career between 32 and 36. if such a player was available then he would build his team around him.

True enough, and he does generally look to recruit an experienced leader at the back, wherever he goes

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

So. We're under FFP and need to trim the wage bill....

The manager has said he wants "younger, fresher legs"...

....and the first player we're linked with is a 33 year old on the best part of £90k a week...

And you're problem is.......

lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

bruce said we are getting in younger more dynamic players in this summer so defo not cahill ,carlos would sign him if he was here as he is the right age 32-35 .just agent talk again 

I think he would make an exception at centre back We were trying to sign Ambrose in January

Ironically the fact that he's on huge wages may help our cause. He should easily have earned enough money throughout his career to be set for life financially so IF he wanted to could play for very little for the last couple of years of his career. He doesn't appear to be obsessed with the flashier side of the game (huge watch, trophy wife etc) and seems a fairly decent type of a guy. At our level he would be absolute quality and would hopefully bring the best out in TL. He offers a good threat going forward as well and apparently is an owl as well so with all things considered if we could sign him within whatever wage structure p & s allows it would for me be a no brainier. 

Having said all that do I think it will happen? I wouldn't put 10p on it.

his wages could be dealt with as follows

We give him £20k/week official, and two keys; one which opens a hotel room door in Bangkok, and the other a safe in the room, where he will find £1m pounds in 24,000  ฿1,000 notes - simple.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

So. We're under FFP and need to trim the wage bill....

The manager has said he wants "younger, fresher legs"...

....and the first player we're linked with is a 33 year old on the best part of £90k a week...

But it would be the Wednesday way, wouldn't it?

If Gary Cahill is a wednesdayite  ,He would take a paycut to play for us ,Imagine him saying to his kids or grand kids .In the last 2 yrs of my career  I had offers to play for clubs ,But I had plenty of money in the bank ,Wednesday were the team I had supported all my life ,So I came home played for my boyhood club and got them back in the premier.This is how Bruce should put it to him.Cahill is a class act even now.