Gary Cahill

Gary Cahill to Swfc - multiple sources.

Sorry if this is already out there but I’m on holiday so am not living and breathing it at the minute. Anyway the above is what I have just received from my brother in law who is well connected and is not one to post rubbish. Any one else heard this?

• Haha 2

It's not inconceivable that Bruce may sign the odd older/experienced player. However, having heard him say our current squad has grown old together and we need young and hungry players I'd be suprised. 

For me, this is just the press at work.

I would have him in a heartbeat if he was a couple of years younger but he isn't. Likely to be on big wages and even though he's dropping down the leagues he's still going to want more than we can afford so that is a no from me. Not saying he wouldn't improve us but I'd rather have Hector.

1 hour ago, Bukta said:

Gary Cahill to Swfc - multiple sources.

Sorry if this is already out there but I’m on holiday so am not living and breathing it at the minute. Anyway the above is what I have just received from my brother in law who is well connected and is not one to post rubbish. Any one else heard this?

Certainly hope not. He's 36, haven't we learned our lesson with past it players.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Multiple on the sauce

He’s more likely to go to Utd

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

More likely to go to United I reckon.

Yea, bring it on.

AGENT CAHILL !!!lol

• Haha 1

Having said that, a centre back is the one area where we could bring in an experienced player, even though I think this deal is unlikely Wouldn’t want it to be at the expense of Hector though Maybe Hector could be the mythical beast we need in midfield?

35 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Certainly hope not. He's 36, haven't we learned our lesson with past it players.

He's 33 and could dominate at Championship level. A CB that would take us over the top. What good would it be for him to go to the blunts for a season and get stomped and relegated and stuck there on contract the last years of his career? Would love to see him here, he'd be an instant lock and an experienced pro we really need.