Oldest club status.

7 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Never heard of Fylde? Seriously?

Not until they came into National league. 

Looked em up and they did have a different name till 2008,

Kirkham and Hersham or something like that. 

All 4 teams in semi finals of play offs have never been in football league. 

Edited by bradowl

13 hours ago, M Royds said:

With Notts County being relegated, I'm guessing we're the third oldest club in the League, behind Stoke and Forest, (unless either of these two have been in administration which would make us the oldest).

One for the historians. 

TheWednesday1878.jpg

Small

Stokes 1863 date is a complete falicy, even their own website admits it.

Their correct formation date is 1868.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bradowl said:

Shame about Notts County, probably biggest club to drop out of football league. 

Some decent well known clubs in National leagues now. 

Wrexham, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, York City, Stockport County, Aldershot, Hereford United, Barnet.

League 2 could have a team called Fylde in next season, I had never heard of them till recently. 

I think 'from memory' the first I can remember going were bradford park avenue after finishing bottom for quite a few years running, although accrington stanley had gone some years before them, not sure who went before them?. 

but just looked up a list of sides who have 'slipped away' and found abadare athletic, bootle, burton swifts, darwen, glossop, l**ds city, new brighton tower, stalybridge celtic amongst other interesting ones.

9 hours ago, steveger said:

Good thread, at least he's not blaming it on BREXIT.......:dry:

Don't spoil my thread. Go and find a thread more suited to your level. I know there's one on the go about about how great Trump is.

There's a good boy.

• Haha 2

I understand there is an argument we are the oldest as both Nottingham clubs were connected with other sports and converted to football at a later date. I was told we were first one involved in actual football game. One of Nottingham club was athletics based for definite..

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

If it means I can still pull the young ladies, then yes.

Strange way to be more appealing to the women. "Hi girls, I'm MK Dons, how about it?"

Just now, M Royds said:

Strange way to be more appealing to the women. "Hi girls, I'm MK Dons, how about it?"

True. But better than a creaking old body, with flaking skin and a risk of devastating urinary incontinence.