Bruce “I’ve offered...”

8 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Fulham didn't already have six forwards though.

That’s irrelevant. If you’ve got 6 you try and get 7th that’s better than the 6th. And so on. Evolve the squad. 

Our problem hasn’t been buying players, it’s been not selling them. 

11 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Rhodes always needed two fast as f**k wingers from day 1 but never got them past day 2....

If anyone thinks simple bringing in 2 wingers would have made Rhodes unstoppable again clearly hasn’t seen him play over the last couple years 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

That’s irrelevant. If you’ve got 6 you try and get 7th that’s better than the 6th. And so on. Evolve the squad. 

He's actually right this time, we haven't had anyone smart or brave enough to sell the players at the optimum time and use the funds to improve the team  / squad. 

9 minutes ago, sage owl said:

He's actually right this time, we haven't had anyone smart or brave enough to sell the players at the optimum time and use the funds to improve the team  / squad. 

I think that will change this summer under Bruce. 

22 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fvvck me! I hope yo are never in charge of our recruitment. 

12 hours ago, vulva said:

Disagree. We were very close to promotion and had the chance to sign a player who was a proven at this level and could have got us over the line. It was a great signing at the time and the vast majority on here agreed with it. hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Fulham gambled like we did the year after with Mitrovic, and it paid off. 

It didn't make sense to be combined with the Winnall signing. For me it had to be one or the other, and I believe we signed Winnall first?

9 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Fvvck me! I hope yo are never in charge of our recruitment. 

What, buying players that are better than what you’ve got, then moving them that arn’t good enough on?

Radical that isn’t it?

Suggest it’s better than stockpiling players like them hoarders do on Channel 4 documentaries, where social services can’t break down the door because of all the junk, and they’ve always got a cat. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

It didn't make sense to be combined with the Winnall signing. For me it had to be one or the other, and I believe we signed Winnall first?

Exactly and yes, we did sign Winnall first. The ridiculous thing about the Rhodes transfer was that we signed an in form Winnall for a reported £500k and then sign an out of form Rhodes for a reported £10m (20 x Winnall fee!!!) not long after - madness!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Exactly and yes, we did sign Winnall first. The ridiculous thing about the Rhodes transfer was that we signed an in form Winnall for a reported £500k and then sign an out of form Rhodes for a reported £10m (20 x Winnall fee!!!) not long after - madness!!!

Anyway.

Bruce'll fix it!

:wub:

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

What, buying players that are better than what you’ve got, then moving them that arn’t good enough on?

Radical that isn’t it?

Suggest it’s better than stockpiling players like them hoarders do on Channel 4 documentaries, where social services can’t break down the door because of all the junk, and they’ve always got a cat. 

I agree about the moving them on, it’s when you say (and I quote) “If you’ve got 6 you try and get 7th that’s better than the 6th“ 

lol

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I agree about the moving them on, it’s when you say (and I quote) “If you’ve got 6 you try and get 7th that’s better than the 6th“ 

lol

Then sell the 6th. 

It’s not difficult. United do this very well. Sell players, re-invest. 

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

Then sell the 6th. 

It’s not difficult. United do this very well. Sell players, re-invest. 

I agree plus sell 4th and 5th also. 

I wasn't japing at you signing better players I was japing at you signing a seventh - that’s how your post read.

:Sid:

Edited by shandypants

52 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If anyone thinks simple bringing in 2 wingers would have made Rhodes unstoppable again clearly hasn’t seen him play over the last couple years 

Nobody's seen him play the last 2 years as he hasn't got in the team either here or at Norwich. I am sure with the right service he would have done better here but that wasn't the system we played. It seems SB is looking at wingers and more pace but it maybe too late for Rhodes here. Nice bloke but just hasn't worked out for him.

13 hours ago, vulva said:

Disagree. We were very close to promotion and had the chance to sign a player who was a proven at this level and could have got us over the line. It was a great signing at the time and the vast majority on here agreed with it. hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Fulham gambled like we did the year after with Mitrovic, and it paid off. 

I wasn't deafened by the 'outcry' from wednesday fans shouting for the rhodes deal not to go through at the time it did.

ok, so in hindsight it didn't turn out too well, but i'm struggling to remember any condemnation of it?

had it come off it would have been seen as a 'masterstroke'.

he gambled and lost, but the damage had been done in the pre season after the 'ull loss, when we didn't strengthen where really needed, perhaps the rhodes signing was 'one hell of a big sticking plaster'.

lets be fair under the circumstances we should have gone up, our lack of aggression and intent was our failing.

6 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I wasn't deafened by the 'outcry' from wednesday fans shouting for the rhodes deal not to go through at the time it did.

ok, so in hindsight it didn't turn out too well, but i'm struggling to remember any condemnation of it?

had it come off it would have been seen as a 'masterstroke'.

he gambled and lost, but the damage had been done in the pre season after the 'ull loss, when we didn't strengthen where really needed, perhaps the rhodes signing was 'one hell of a big sticking plaster'.

lets be fair under the circumstances we should have gone up, our lack of aggression and intent was our failing.

I stated at the time that it was wrong to sign Rhodes. Look back and check - it’s all there. 

So he is in charge of salaries?  I assume he's got degrees in Economics and Accountancy if he's going to steer us out of shallow FFP water.

Then again, he might be just a coach like just about every one of the over 71 EFL 'managers'. 

3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So he is in charge of salaries?  I assume he's got degrees in Economics and Accountancy if he's going to steer us out of shallow FFP water.

Then again, he might be just a coach like just about every one of the over 71 EFL 'managers'. 

Is there ever anything that happens at the club that you are positive about?

I remember you coming on after the Wycombe match moaning about something