Pre- season tour

Wherever it is, I just hope that Bruce makes the players run their nuts off and when they’re not running they're, on the weights. Plenty of clean carbs, shed loads of protein and gallons of water. I wouldn’t let them near a football - it should be all about conditioning. 

Edited by shandypants

18 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Al-Amarah is lovely this time of year. Dead dogs humming in the 40 degree heat and open sewers beside each road. 

Sounds perfect for dem scrubbers

Portugal according to the Stir, no friendlies planned as of now

*This post sponsored by the "Please for the love of everything holy and unholy get Costello his bloody Science section because he is doing my head in FFS!* party. All donations go to buying Neil a new bath in trade for the Science section.

On 16/05/2019 at 20:13, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Al-Amarah is lovely this time of year. Dead dogs humming in the 40 degree heat and open sewers beside each road. 

A bit like the area around the lane without the 40 degree heat unless it’s in the winter and it’s 40degrees Fahrenheit 

13 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Well you wouldn't expect any games in June 

We've always gone a bit later in month when going to Algarve. 

At least flights will be cheaper if we do arrange any games.

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Portugal according to the Stir, no friendlies planned as of now

*This post sponsored by the "Please for the love of everything holy and unholy kill Costello his bloody Science section because he is doing my head in FFS!* party. All donations go to buying Neil a new bath in trade for the Science section.

• Haha 1

Star suggesting 6 friendlies is the target. If we come back from Portugal on the 11th it’ll be pretty tough to fit them all in. 

If if we play Saturday & Tuesday. That only leaves 5 slots up to and including Sat 27th July. Season starts 3rd of August.  

Do t they normally split the squad for a few friendlies I seem to remember playing stocksbridge park and Sheffield Hallam either at the same time or same day and I went to Hallam it was halftime the squad and u23s and the other half and u23s went to stocksbridge 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Do t they normally split the squad for a few friendlies I seem to remember playing stocksbridge park and Sheffield Hallam either at the same time or same day and I went to Hallam it was halftime the squad and u23s and the other half and u23s went to stocksbridge 

Yes doesn’t tend to be the senior squad though 

Guest Manwithastick
19 hours ago, bradowl said:

Squad fly out to Faro on 1st July so if any matches are arranged they'll probably be a few days later.

I'm in Albufeira 29 June - 6 July. Not sure if this is a good thing. Supposed to be a family holiday.

2 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

I'm in Albufeira 29 June - 6 July. Not sure if this is a good thing. Supposed to be a family holiday.

Try the usual "there was a big queue at the bar" excuse to explain your two and half hour disappearance.

• Haha 2