1 to stay 1 to go

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

When they play they are the best we've got in their respective positions .

What we need to think about is ....would all these injured players have been such a long term if handled properly in the first place. If Bruce gets them back to full fitness and keeps them that way then those 3 have to stay. There are others robbing us of their wages which should be well before those 3 to be shown the door. Trust in Bruce . He will know. That's why he's here. lol

It cannot be the curse of Sheffield Wednesday that we had so many out for so long.

Was it the training?

Was it the way they were treated in recovery?

We will never know for sure but we will all have our suspicions.

Dont care. Move on

Reach for me has to stay. He is a goal scoring midfielder which without him we don’t have, he must be top of our assist chart and also he’s match fit 90% of the time

Joao can go for me. Majority of the time he gives the impression he can’t be bothered, that’s when he actually fit to play. The short bursts of actual effort do show he’s got something about him which hopefully may fool someone to part with some money for him

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Selling Fernando Forestieri is not the answer to anything.

Not at the kind of price we're likely to receive for him at this moment in time, no. We missed the opportunity to capitalise on his standout season a few years ago.

Our best hope now is that he can stay injury free and get back to his best on a consistent basis with a full pre-season under his belt.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not at the kind of price we're likely to receive for him at this moment in time, no. We missed the opportunity to capitalise on his standout season a few years ago.

Our best hope now is that he can stay injury free and get back to his best on a consistent basis with a full pre-season under his belt.

Not sure I agree as regards we should have sold him 

By that we are saying anyone that has a good season we should flog

How do you get a team together doing that ?

1 minute ago, the monk said:

Not sure I agree as regards we should have sold him 

By that we are saying anyone that has a good season we should flog

How do you get a team together doing that ?

Like many a successful Championship team have done, we should always be looking to sell players at the peak of their value and reinvest that money into building a better team.

Norwich's transfer dealings last summer are a recent example of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Like many a successful Championship team have done, we should always be looking to sell players at the peak of their value and reinvest that money into building a better team.

Norwich's transfer dealings last summer are a recent example of that.

Sell someone at their peak and replace by someone not at their peak 

Not having it I tell yer!

37 minutes ago, the monk said:

Sell someone at their peak and replace by someone not at their peak 

Not having it I tell yer!

Fair enough, but it's a pretty well-established model.

You buy a player on the up; cash in at the peak of their value; reinvest in several more promising players; cash in at the peak of their value...keep your club on financially sound footing and build a better squad in the process.

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough, but it's a pretty well-established model.

You buy a player on the up; cash in at the peak of their value; reinvest in several more promising players; cash in at the peak of their value...keep your club on financially sound footing and build a better squad in the process.

Take your point pal

4 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

Reach for me has to stay. He is a goal scoring midfielder which without him we don’t have, he must be top of our assist chart and also he’s match fit 90% of the time

Joao can go for me. Majority of the time he gives the impression he can’t be bothered, that’s when he actually fit to play. The short bursts of actual effort do show he’s got something about him which hopefully may fool someone to part with some money for him

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like him to stay, I’d like all our better players to stay The problem is though, agree Reach is the only player who scores goals from midfield, but will he even figure in our midfield set up? Think most of us agree the midfield balance is wrong. Not sure Hutchinson, Bannan and Reach can form an effective unit. What we need is another midfielder to perform the Lee role, someone to link Hutchinson and Bannan. I feel Reach is better employed further forward, either as one of the wide players in either a 4-3-3, or a 4-5-1

3 hours ago, Bukta said:

How is that? I’m on Holiday at the minute so a bit out of the loop.

One of the other guys says the EFL have done their checks and only Birmingham were at fault for this season. Doubt it myself but thats what i was told. 

its about having a balanced team. Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher are all good players However against a highly mobile team you can not play all 3 as we lack pace and tempo. I think what has been said all of the players who are out of contract who lack pace and tempo will be released. We will still have some of the skilful players but they will be accompanied by players with pace. Think this will help players like Bannan and Fletcher as will create more space for them. It is no good having ateam which has too many of similar type of players because can easily be countered. 

We have to reduce the wage bill, and we've got to accept some of the players who did well in the past, may now be past it. 

Keep Hector Iorfa and Palmer as they earned contracts at the end of the season. As for the rest, we have to see if they'll accept pay cuts or pay as you play or is time for them to move on. Arrons looks like a player worth giving a chance.  We also need to acquire players who are fit enough to play a full season. The three above fit that bill. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday/vertragsende/verein/1035

On 03/05/2019 at 18:42, Avon barksdale said:

After Steve Bruce today said that big decisions and changes will be made in the summer which player do you believe is indispensable and which do you think we should grudgingly let go/sell out of the whole squad not just players out of contract. I believe we have to keep Westwood and maybe the time to cash in on Fernando in order to rebuild. 

He will keep both

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

We have to reduce the wage bill, and we've got to accept some of the players who did well in the past, may now be past it. 

Keep Hector Iorfa and Palmer as they earned contracts at the end of the season. As for the rest, we have to see if they'll accept pay cuts or pay as you play or is time for them to move on. Arrons looks like a player worth giving a chance.  We also need to acquire players who are fit enough to play a full season. The three above fit that bill. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday/vertragsende/verein/1035

Arons fits the criteria of playing a full season? since when? 

On 03/05/2019 at 16:50, Lord Snooty said:

Fans would soon connect with new young , fit signings who can play more than a handful of games a season .

? How long is soon..

I think we need a full season without the old guard, many on here are convinced that the likes of Hooper and FF are the key to it all.  I don't think it's unrealistic to look at a spine of

Westwood

Lees & Hector

Bannan & Reach (& a last chance for Lee)

FF & Fletcher

Bruce has enough about him to fill the wide positions with loans and cheap additions.