1 to stay 1 to go

If we are going to miss P&S by circa £20m  and be on an umbongo I can’t see the point in selling anyone at all unless ridiculous money is offered to the tune that it takes us out of the umbongo. If Leeds don’t go up they are going for Fernando.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper, Fessi And Lee barely play. They aren’t the core of our team.

I think unless you get a quality offer in for ff, then bruce has to sit him down and speak to him, on the subjects of him only being an asset to the side if he plays more often, and produces the goods when playing, if either feels his time is up here, then...

but i'll add that IF we were to sell him on, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he turned out to be a major thorn in our side, as I don't see him going to a premier league side.

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The problem we have is finding buyers for the players we DONT want. 

Yes mate, finding buyers for the above mentioned ain't gonna be easy, but that doesn't mean sell your better players or you'd be left with a squad of crap, we're just gonna have to be patient and move them on as and when we can. 

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

I'd take 3 mil for ff now. We need to start to get some money together. 

As long as Westwood, Bannan and Hector are here next season I don't care. 

:tango:

28 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

I'd take 3 mil for ff now. We need to start to get some money together. 

As long as Westwood, Bannan and Hector are here next season I don't care. 

im glad youve got no say in it then lol

I don’t know where this cashing in for forestieri is coming from . Who’s going to pay mega bucks for a crock who’s done nothing for years ? He will probably be here next year , I’d rather focus on getting him contributing on a more regular basis . 

Dont need wholesale changes for me . A couple of quality loan signings (preferably with a bit of pace ) Westwood retained , Hector signed (if only ) and the releasing of the past it brigade (Jones , hooper, abdi, lee, Boyd )  

• Like 1

I'd say keep Westwood and try and get Hector. Of all the others, if anyone comes in with a decent fee, they can go. Time to trust Steve Bruce and not have a meltdown if one of the favourites go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

I don’t know where this cashing in for forestieri is coming from . Who’s going to pay mega bucks for a crock who’s done nothing for years ? He will probably be here next year , I’d rather focus on getting him contributing on a more regular basis . 

Dont need wholesale changes for me . A couple of quality loan signings (preferably with a bit of pace ) Westwood retained , Hector signed (if only ) and the releasing of the past it brigade (Jones , hooper, abdi, lee, Boyd )  

Did you not see the goal he scored against norwich? For a lot of people that now means we need to keep him despite the fact it's only thing he's done since 2017

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, striker said:

Nobody is indespensible, that said I dont see enough money being spent in the Championship to make a difference re FFP,  to justify selling the likes of FF, Bannan, Reach etc. 

Could be right half the league is looking over their shoulder due to FFP. The only ones with real cash maybe the relegated parachute payments teams.

17 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Take Abdi out the back and shoot him? If he isn't a figment of my imagination obviously.

The bullet would probably miss but the shockwave caused by the firing of the gun would probably reach him and break a rib or something

• Haha 1

It may seem silly, but, if a player reaches the end of his contract, and is not on the Retained list, what happens?

Do we simply stop paying him and not retain his services, enabling him to go and play football wherever he can get a game?

In other words, if a player has not been sold, is out of contract, and has not been offered another, has in fact been sacked, is no longer able to be listed as a club asset , and more importantly does not get paid?

I'd imagine there would be a decent amount of interest in a fit Winnall to bring in some cash although I wouldn't be against him having a proper chance under Bruce. Same goes for Rhodes, if we get them firing it's a win-win; helps us pick up points but also raises their value to offload. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

It may seem silly, but, if a player reaches the end of his contract, and is not on the Retained list, what happens?

Do we simply stop paying him and not retain his services, enabling him to go and play football wherever he can get a game?

In other words, if a player has not been sold, is out of contract, and has not been offered another, has in fact been sacked, is no longer able to be listed as a club asset , and more importantly does not get paid?

Not been sacked at all. Different from contract expiry