1 to stay 1 to go

After Steve Bruce today said that big decisions and changes will be made in the summer which player do you believe is indispensable and which do you think we should grudgingly let go/sell out of the whole squad not just players out of contract. I believe we have to keep Westwood and maybe the time to cash in on Fernando in order to rebuild. 

Edited by Avon barksdale

I'd love to keep a fit and firing Fernando - But since his first season he's been very hit and miss.

Problem is, I can't see many people coming in with a bid that we simply cannot refuse.

I'm hoping, just like everyone, that next season with a new squad we can get him back to his best - He can win games by himself at times and that's what we need and have been missing for a while now.

But if a decent offer was to come in and Bruce decided to sell, I'd understand it. 

I think people are getting carried away with the 'cashing in on' and 'releasing' of players.

Yes we will new players and yes we will have a few leave.

But make no mistake, the way to improve this team isn't to offload, Bannan, Hooper, Fessi, Lee and co.

You can't strip the core of your team, it never works. We need to get rid of the dead wood. Abdi, Winnall, Pudil, Rhodes, Van Aken, Jones.

Then make a couple of hard decisions, as much as i hate to say, any of these players could then leave: Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Fletcher. (Hopefully Boyd and keep the other 3)

You've then saved ALOT of wages and trimmed the squad. We don;'t need to get rid of everyone over 30. We need the experience and players with a connection to the fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

I'd love to keep a fit and firing Fernando - But since his first season he's been very hit and miss.

Problem is, I can't see many people coming in with a bid that we simply cannot refuse.

I'm hoping, just like everyone, that next season with a new squad we can get him back to his best - He can win games by himself at times and that's what we need and have been missing for a while now.

But if a decent offer was to come in and Bruce decided to sell, I'd understand it. 

But his hits surpass anyone else at the club Personally, I’d keep him for that reason. If we have to sell because of money issues, then it has to be Reach, as he’d raise the most money

6 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

. We don;'t need to get rid of everyone over 30. We need the experience and players with a connection to the fans.

Fans would soon connect with new young , fit signings who can play more than a handful of games a season .

• Thanks 1

Nobody is indespensible, that said I dont see enough money being spent in the Championship to make a difference re FFP,  to justify selling the likes of FF, Bannan, Reach etc. 

Edited by striker

Clear the decks of all the dead wood and start to rebuild with the core players we have. If we can find buyers for the under performers and the injury prone then great. Too many people let sentiment get in the way of progress.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

Nobody is indespsible, that said I dont see enough money being spent in the Championship to make a difference re FFP,  to justify selling the likes of FF, Bannan, Reach etc. 

Precisely.

We have to be open to offers for all our players, but we're unlikely to receive offers which make it worthwhile selling too many of them, to be honest.

46 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

I think people are getting carried away with the 'cashing in on' and 'releasing' of players.

Yes we will new players and yes we will have a few leave.

But make no mistake, the way to improve this team isn't to offload, Bannan, Hooper, Fessi, Lee and co.

You can't strip the core of your team, it never works. We need to get rid of the dead wood. Abdi, Winnall, Pudil, Rhodes, Van Aken, Jones.

Then make a couple of hard decisions, as much as i hate to say, any of these players could then leave: Lee, Hooper, Boyd, Fletcher. (Hopefully Boyd and keep the other 3)

You've then saved ALOT of wages and trimmed the squad. We don;'t need to get rid of everyone over 30. We need the experience and players with a connection to the fans.

Hooper, Fessi And Lee barely play. They aren’t the core of our team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

After Steve Bruce today said that big decisions and changes will be made in the summer which player do you believe is indispensable and which do you think we should grudgingly let go/sell out of the whole squad not just players out of contract. I believe we have to keep Westwood and maybe the time to cash in on Fernando in order to rebuild. 

Everyone has thier price , and if it benefits the team rebuilding im fine with anyone being sold.our problem has been not selling players when their stock is high . Its part and parcel of football.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl

:tango: :rolleyes:What planet are some of our fans on, sell FF really, alot need moving on, van aken, pelupessy, Winnall, Joao, Dawson or Wildsmith or both. I think some on here were brainwashed by Jos. garymegson:sad:

I honestly don't care who goes. The only one who I would be a bit torn over is bannan purely because he has given 100% to this club in every way. The rest of em, I'm not really bothered about as long as we replace em with someone who can play plenty of games. 

Time for a major clear out and rebuild. We can do it in a season, other teams will have. 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

:tango: :rolleyes:What planet are some of our fans on, sell FF really, alot need moving on, van aken, pelupessy, Winnall, Joao, Dawson or Wildsmith or both. I think some on here were brainwashed by Jos. garymegson:sad:

Add Rhodes to the list :ghoulguy:and I aint joking. 

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The problem we have is finding buyers for the players we DONT want.