QPR & OTHER NEWS - BRUCIE BULLETS

Sounds very positive and encouraging that the fans will be kept in the loop. As I said before,  just want us to get off to a flyer from the start of the season, instead of it being a damp squib. Let’s see some fireworks for a change. ( Am I allowed pyro on ‘ere?):ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marcx666 said:

I could see Boyd being offered a new deal, even for another year, Coz Bruce seems to like him.

The one thing in Boyds favour is that Bruce has worked with him before and knows what he's all about.

However...I think the odds must be stacked against him in terms of value for money, age and performance level so fsr

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The one thing in Boyds favour is that Bruce has worked with him before and knows what he's all about.

However...I think the odds must be stacked against him in terms of value for money, age and performance level so fsr

Oh I agree completely, I just think Bruce might give him another year. 

20 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Oh I agree completely, I just think Bruce might give him another year. 

It'll be interesting to see.

34 in October though.

Don't see anything other than a 1 year extension at maximum. 

Suspect he'll be after one last longer contract somewhere. 

33 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

There has to be another option to Boyd..I'm not slagging him off, but what does he offer more than maybe a hungry player from a smaller club or an upcoming Wednesday youngster?

It would be interesting to see what it would be like with a faster/pacier player playing instead

Owlstalk Shop

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It would be interesting to see what it would be like with a faster/pacier player playing instead

In the few games Arrons played , the difference in our attacking prowess was clear to see with pace down the flanks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope we don’t offer Boyd a new deal. A player who imo will be on a very good wage. Get rid and bring back in someone younger that wants to make a name for themselves. 

For me , no way would i offer Boyd another contract . Too old and on big money . He needs releasing . We can get younger , fitter players on less money .

• Like 1

Massive statement to say that he's offered Westwood a contract.

Perfectly managed when he was made to feel like an outcast by JL previously.

At least if KW leaves, we've done our level best to keep him.

SB knows how to manage a football club from top down.

1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

Massive statement to say that he's offered Westwood a contract.

Perfectly managed when he was made to feel like an outcast by JL previously.

At least if KW leaves, we've done our level best to keep him.

SB knows how to manage a football club from top down.

I'm loving how hes telling us what his intentions are instead of keeping them top secret.

• Like 1

Just now, stocksyuto said:

I'm loving how hes telling us what his intentions are instead of keeping them top secret.

Since he came in I've been wondering what would happen if there was any fallouts behind the scenes or if Bruce dropped a player for attitude reasons etc whether or not he'd just come straight out and say so 

My gut feeling is that he would

Which would be fantastic and end rumour mongering as everyone will know the facts straight up.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Since he came in I've been wondering what would happen if there was any fallouts behind the scenes or if Bruce dropped a player for attitude reasons etc whether or not he'd just come straight out and say so 

My gut feeling is that he would

Which would be fantastic and end rumour mongering as everyone will know the facts straight up.

I think he’s straight to the point. He told it how it was at Villa with Ross Mcormack and he’d just cost the club £11m

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really hope we don’t offer Boyd a new deal. A player who imo will be on a very good wage. Get rid and bring back in someone younger that wants to make a name for themselves. 

This...................i trust SB and i have said all along that if we have him in charge for the next 3 transfer windows then he will mould a much better squad.

However , even the best of managers can have their "blindspots" 

Bruce won’t give Boyd a contract, or more to the point if he does, i’ll start to doubt his judgement. 

I reckon Bruce was allowed one overpaid exiting mulligan, and he’s gone for Westwood. As for rest, overpaid, older, injury prone and failed at this level for us at least 2, sometimes 3 season. Get rid of the lot. 

Huge clear out coming, and not before time. 

As for Aarons and Lazaar, they can’t keep fit whilst on loan, never mind permanent, so if we offer them deals, we want our bumps feeling. 

I

13 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we offer players like Boyd a new deal it would be a travesty. He isn’t what he was, even Peterborough aren’t keen