QPR & OTHER NEWS - BRUCIE BULLETS

Really pleased to hear him vocally call for the Hector signing. Most managers would shrug the question off or say 'we'll see'. Bruce wants him in no doubt about it. I imagine it might take til the end of the window as we'll have to do some selling first perhaps. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Really pleased to hear him vocally call for the Hector signing. Most managers would shrug the question off or say 'we'll see'. Bruce wants him in no doubt about it. I imagine it might take til the end of the window as we'll have to do some selling first perhaps. 

Yes, he's certainly nailed his colours to mast Re: Hector.  Just hope we can get something done. 

I'd imagine there has to be at least one sale

Clear about Westwood and Hector, great! And also good to see him speak of Aarons in the same words to some extent; other loanees not mentioned by name and they might not be attempted to recall. Although could be great with Lazaar too.

Sensible about loanees and retained list of current players before discussing other prospects.

Respectful and honest about Pigs, he didn't need to go so far as wishing them good luck though ;)

Let's hope we finish the season on a high v QPR in 9th; would be above my prediction and definitely my expectation around xmas time.

Come on Wednesday!!

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QPR TEAM NEWS

• Lazaar won't make it.

• Onomah is a doubt.

• Westwood - I've got a decisions to make. His knee is still grumbling a little bit. I'll have a chat with him this morning and see how it is.

• Everyone else is all right.  Last game of the season...could have done with them all being fit February time!!

• QPR - We can't be complacent, I have a big respect for QPR been in the Premier League QPR but found some difficult times. They probably want the end of the season. Summer of change for them I imagine. Whereas us we;d have probably loved a couple more games! I want us to finish as high as we can. We have to make sure we don't start like we did at Preston last week! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYERS CONTRACTS & OTHER NEWS

• Westwood contract- I hope (he hasn't played his last game for us.) I have offered him a contract. We'll have to wait and see.

• Other contract renewals - We'll be discussing over the next 24, 48, 72 hours over the next few days , I'll be chatting with the players concerned and then we'll let the public know. There's 8 or 9 and 4 loan players. We have to understand the financial implications aren't ours alone. There's big decisions to be made. In my own mind I know where we are. I've left it as late as possible because I didn't want to dishearten the squad when we still had a chance of the play offs.I didn't want to dishearten the squad when we still had a chance. Retained list will be out next week when I've spoken to the players.

• Hector -  If at all possible we'd like to keep Michael Hector. We have to try and agree a fee with Chelsea-and that's never easy. All things being equal he'd be the first one I'd like to tie down. Why wouldn't I, he';s had a terrific season and been voted player of the season and so , for a loan player to do that he's done very well. So yes, if we could then we'd love to try and do something. 

• Other loans permanent? - The problem is the cost. They cost a lot of money. So whether it's possible. We have to be respectful. It's been disappointing because they have both picked up injuries but that we because of the lack of game time. But they're premier league players, Aarons especially made an impact because he gave us something we didn't have. But they're premier league players, bringing them here and Hector would be costly. 

• Budget - We'll have to re-jig the squad. When it comes out the fans will understand it better.  We aren't going to be spending  millions and millions and millions to spend. We have to adhere to the financial fair play rules. Even if we had millions we couldn't spend it. We're not the only club though there's plenty in the same boat. Unless you have parachute payments and the rules the way they are, and the way the clubs has spent over the last few years you're going to run into problems. I hope that my experience....people presumed we spent millions at Villa. We didn't. We spent £1.5m and used the loan market and the free market very , very well so...it's not all doom and gloom.

• A TIME FOR CHANGE - Its a time for change. This group have come close twice. and unfortunately they've all grown a little bit older together . We need some younger, fresher legs into the squad and that will happen. 

• New Faces - We're cracking ahead.We're on with that but I think i'ts only right before I mention names (of possible incoming) that I speak to the players involved (who are here and might be leaving) I will speak to our lads before I let anyone else know. I've only spoken to Westwood so far. I need to speak to the other players but I wanted to be focused on the football whichever the play off chance was still there.

• Challenging - We'll be challenging next year. I wouldn't have come here If I didn't think so. It's what I demand. Never mind the owner or anyone else. It's what I demand.

-----------------------------------------------------

AND FINALLY

• The Blunts- We have to say well done. He's done a wonderful job in what's been a and unbelievable two or three years for them,it just goes to show with his drive and enthusiasm y'know not to long ago they were in league one, so fair play to them, congratulations to them we're all envious but I wish them the best of luck it's been thoroughly well deserved and Chris,I'm delighted that a British, English manager who's learnt his trade and worked hard gone on the coal face , worked hard to get where he is, he needs a chance at the Premier. Well done to him and all his staff they've done terrific.

That is light years away from Jos the Dross , speaks well and is clear in what he wants . At last DC listened and we now have a manager who should get us challening.

24 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Clear about Westwood and Hector, great! And also good to see him speak of Aarons in the same words to some extent; other loanees not mentioned by name and they might not be attempted to recall. Although could be great with Lazaar too.

Sensible about loanees and retained list of current players before discussing other prospects.

Respectful and honest about Pigs, he didn't need to go so far as wishing them good luck though ;)

Let's hope we finish the season on a high v QPR in 9th; would be above my prediction and definitely my expectation around xmas time.

Come on Wednesday!!

Be interesting to see who is on the retained list. 

Clearly Westwood is his priority. 

Have to wonder if the others will be offered anything.

Suspect Palmer will too.

38 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:
  • A TIME FOR CHANGE - Its a time for change. This group have come close twice. and unfortunately they've all grown a little bit older together . We need some younger, fresher legs into the squad and that will happen. 

• New Faces - We're cracking ahead.We're on with that but I think i'ts only right before I mention names (of possible incoming) that I speak to the players involved (who are here and might be leaving) I will speak to our lads before I let anyone else know. I've only spoken to Westwood so far. I need to speak to the other players but I wanted to be focused on the football whichever the play off chance was still there.

Music to my flipping ears Brucie ....

Really looking forward to what Bruce has in stall for us over the summer

I've every faith that he and his crew will work their magic and we'll see, potentially, some stale favourites leaving but also some very astute and solid signings as well

lol

• Like 1

Palmer is cheap and useful so I agree that he will get offered a new contract.

Difficult decisions to make on Hooper and Lee but I trust him to make the correct one.

I see the rest of out of contract players going. Plus some transfer listed.

• Like 1

Its good to hear he is already working on new signings . Getting players in early is key so they can have a full pre season together . Also Bruce`s vast contacts in the game will be vital in getting in some quality premier league loans .

Most significant thing on that if its verbatim...... "I've offered him a new contract".... Not he has been, or the chairman has, or the club has, "I have".

Its only words, but its a million miles away from what we've heard before.

We're in good hands.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its good to hear he is already working on new signings . Getting players in early is key so they can have a full pre season together . Also Bruce`s vast contacts in the game will be vital in getting in some quality premier league loans .

Every reason to look forward to next season positively 

"There's big decisions to be made. In my own mind I know where we are. I've left it as late as possible because I didn't want to dishearten the squad when we still had a chance of the play offs"

Sounds like a few of those currently in the squad won't be offered a contract.

Boyd, Matias, Hooper? Maybe even Palmer.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

"There's big decisions to be made. In my own mind I know where we are. I've left it as late as possible because I didn't want to dishearten the squad when we still had a chance of the play offs"

Sounds like a few of those currently in the squad won't be offered a contract.

Boyd, Matias, Hooper? Maybe even Palmer.

I could see Boyd being offered a new deal, even for another year, Coz Bruce seems to like him.

Lazaar and Aaron’s haven’t done enough, shown they can stay fit. 

Great news that Westwood has an offer on the table..hope it’s enough to keep him. 

Hope Chelsea take payments over 4 years. 

• Thanks 1