The referee for sunday

Just when I thought I could look forward to a match with the pressure off and carry my good feelings into the summer, I pick up The  Stir and find that the ref for sunday is none other than Andy Haines :angry:.

If anyone wants reminding he was the ref when Clint Hill, as the last defender,  butchered Sougou  at Loftus Rd  and didn`t even give a foul. Also he turned down a cert pen for a foul in the area on Joau.  Apparently he now lives a bit further away from Loftus rd now in Hampshire, that day he could have got there onone of those red double decker things.:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Just when I thought I could look forward to a match with the pressure off and carry my good feelings into the summer, I pick up The  Stir and find that the ref for sunday is none other than Andy Haines :angry:.

If anyone wants reminding he was the ref when Clint Hill, as the last defender,  butchered Sougou  at Loftus Rd  and didn`t even give a foul. Also he turned down a cert pen for a foul in the area on Joau.  Apparently he now lives a bit further away from Loftus rd now in Hampshire, that day he could have got there onone of those red double decker things.:ph34r:

Don't worry, we have big Hec now to make his decisions for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's utterly dreadful - and he hasn't refereed a Championship game for more than 3 years, since January 2016 - in fact he only ever reffed one since that QPR game and has plied his "trade" in L1 and L2 since then. So why the hell are we suddenly getting him now?!

Edited by alanharper
typo

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

He's utterly dreadful - and he hasn't refereed a Championship game for more than 3 years, since January 2016 - in fact he only ever reffed one since that QPR game and has plied his "trade" in L1 and L2 since then. So why the hell are we suddenly getting him now?!

That three year gap could be because the referee's assessor agreed with Wednesday and the ref got demoted. We've often said that refs should suffer for their incompetence; maybe in this case, he did.

Served his punishment in L1/2 and back. Let's hope he's improved.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

That three year gap could be because the referee's assessor agreed with Wednesday and the ref got demoted. We've often said that refs should suffer for their incompetence; maybe in this case, he did.

Served his punishment in L1/2 and back. Let's hope he's improved.

Let's hope he isn't holding a grudge against us then, FFS.

Doesn't seem to have improved any during his time away. A then local manager didn't pull his punches.

'Doncaster Rovers manager Darren Ferguson launched a blistering attack on the standard of match officials after referee Andy Haines waved away a late penalty appeal in the draw with Plymouth. “It’s the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see,” Ferguson said. “I think it’s disgusting, to be honest. To not see that is a disgrace.”

They’re part-time, the standard’s appalling, the fitness levels at this level are a disgrace. What would I like the FA to do? Shoot them.”

Jan 2018

'

• Haha 1

It's Andy Davies reffing us on Sunday, not Haines. 

Sheffield Wednesday v Queens Park Rangers (12:30 )

ANDY DAVIES

Assistants: Nigel Lugg and Daniel Leach

Fourth Official : Anthony Backhouse

Andy Haines is in L2 tomorrow

Crawley Town v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 )

ANDY HAINES

Assistants: Gregory Read and Paul Graham

Fourth Official : Carl Brook

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/efl-appointments-4-5-may/

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It's Andy Davies reffing us on Sunday, not Haines. 

Sheffield Wednesday v Queens Park Rangers (12:30 )

ANDY DAVIES

Assistants: Nigel Lugg and Daniel Leach

Fourth Official : Anthony Backhouse

Andy Haines is in L2 tomorrow

Crawley Town v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 )

ANDY HAINES

Assistants: Gregory Read and Paul Graham

Fourth Official : Carl Brook

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/efl-appointments-4-5-may/

Shhhhhh don't spoil it, loving the outrage.

• Haha 1