SWFC just giving in response to the flyover

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted on here before.  Whatever your view of the fly past, this is an amazing response to it.  St Luke's will be delighted, great effort by the Wednesday fans.

26 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

Apologies if this has already been posted but I haven’t seen it. A bloke called James Lindsey has set up a just giving page raising money for St. Luke’s Sheffield hospice in response to the Flyover fund raise that our classy neighbours have set up. Wednesday fans have already raised £3,800! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wereallsheffieldarentwe

Great charity support again from Wednesday fans, but I am surprised SYP haven't put a stop to the flyover bragging about their promotion,

as it is obviously an act of enticement.

Interesting this we all love the rivalry of being a two team city and of course they want to enjoy their time in the bright lights of the PL.

However it does seems that for some of them the bitterness of being in our shadow overtakes any sense of euphoria and they feel the need to resort to at childish actions.

James Lindsay on the other hand instead of engaging in petty *** for tat repostes, creates a positive that will help to  benefit many fellow Sheffielders, owls and Blades alike. Well done Sir.

Not sure how much the blades have raised for this stunt, but could be a good idea if they cancelled and donated to another charity like the Childrens Hospital etc.

11 minutes ago, owls about that said:

Great charity support again from Wednesday fans, but I am surprised SYP haven't put a stop to the flyover bragging about their promotion,

Come on fella, lighten up, its a wee wee take at our expense, it's to be expected, just give it a wave and smile as it flies by, what goes around comes around. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, owls about that said:

Enticement sure you don't mean incitement!! Unless we are  thinking of putting  Anti Aircraft  guns in the park.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Enticement sure you don't mean incitement!! Unless we are  thinking of putting  Anti Aircraft  guns in the park.

Turrets coming out of the top of the south stand when the fly by comes. Im sure i've seen some dude wheeling some SAMs in this week, might have just been the grass grower lights though, can't be sure. 

10 minutes ago, Triple O said:

I wouldn't worry about the flyover.

They will put the banner the wrong way up.

The spelling will be wrong.

The pilot will fly over Bramall Lane instead

:Sid:

It's funny you should say that - they are indeed flying it past Bramall Lane as well. 

Nothing like getting your point across by flying it past an empty stadium at 1 o'clock on a Sunday 

lol

• Haha 2

Fans do banter and try out do each other, if we were in a similar positions (hopefully next season) some of our fans would be doing similar silly stunts.  That's the nature of footballing rivalry, it's nothing to worry about.  

If they have a bad season, we will be all over them.  

Look past it is my advice.  But do give to the charity if you can.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It's funny you should say that - they are indeed flying it past Bramall Lane as well. 

Nothing like getting your point across by flying it past an empty stadium at 1 o'clock on a Sunday 

lol

Aren't they trying to have their game beamed live though to the Sty? I presumed they meant the Pigs game but thinking again they'll probably show ours to satisfy the obsession.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Turrets coming out of the top of the south stand when the fly by comes. Im sure i've seen some dude wheeling some SAMs in this week, might have just been the grass grower lights though, can't be sure. 

The disguise worked then lol

10 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Why not do our own flyover when they are having their open top bus celebrations..????.......total amount we have raised with a smiling owl would be good :Chansiri:

A fire plane full of 5 h1 t would be better 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Why not do our own flyover when they are having their open top bus celebrations..????.......total amount we have raised with a smiling owl would be good :Chansiri:

A plane dropping carpet bombs would be better

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheshowl said:

Apologies if this has already been posted but I haven’t seen it. A bloke called James Lindsey has set up a just giving page raising money for St. Luke’s Sheffield hospice in response to the Flyover fund raise that our classy neighbours have set up. Wednesday fans have already raised £3,800! 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wereallsheffieldarentwe

........PIGS MIGHT FLY !!!!!

lol

Donated !! lets raise a MASSIVE amount for a fantastic cause........ UTO