9th to 13th

13 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

finishing 9th or 13th doesn't really make any difference does it

bar people whose had bets ,do people really care

I do.

FInishing as high as possible is the whole point of the league. After the first half of the season when we looked more likely to be in danger of relegation, finishing in the top 9 or 10 would be quite satisfying.

• Like 2

I hope we do finish 9th.

I think it would say alot about the progress we have made in such a short time and something the coaching team and players could be proud of considering where we were when Jos left.

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I said 12th at season start.

Not far away.

Either way. Lots to look forward to next season.

Difference is twelfth would have been a miracle with a full season of JL and a disaster with a full season of SB. 

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Isn't there a sliding scale somewhere from the payout of Broadcasting fights money?

If so, every place matters. 

No.

All teams in the championship get the same amount of money for competing regardless of finishing position. The amount of TV money received is different for all clubs and depends on how many times you hosted a game on TV and played away at games that are on TV and depending on whether them games were played midweek or on Sunday or Saturday. There are other factors as well but these are the main ones. 

6 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Difference is twelfth would have been a miracle with a full season of JL and a disaster with a full season of SB. 

True.Oh we were sinking all right. One of the oddest calender years I can remember. I'd love to know the ins and out and what was going on behind the scenes, because something must have been. So many things just seem so bizarre.  

Yes, I think Bruce will have us heading in the right direction. 

Just hope we give him time because there's bound to be some bumps un the road with all the rebuilding that needs doing.

20 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Soooo 9th to 13th it is then. 

Brissle result tonite 9th is best we can do. I’d take that and say from bad bad start we had a great achievement.

so imo QPR a must win. 

13th n bottom half although be only a few points difference doesn’t seem that great even though just had a fantastic run since Dross. 

13th n be a few people gutted who had top half finish bet. 

I cashed in after losing to villa knowing had few tough games coming up. 

Anyone  else cash in or got plenty to come. 

I also cashed in for same reason, waiting on Brentford 

On 30/04/2019 at 22:41, ozzieowl said:

Soooo 9th to 13th it is then. 

Brissle result tonite 9th is best we can do. I’d take that and say from bad bad start we had a great achievement.

so imo QPR a must win. 

13th n bottom half although be only a few points difference doesn’t seem that great even though just had a fantastic run since Dross. 

13th n be a few people gutted who had top half finish bet. 

I cashed in after losing to villa knowing had few tough games coming up. 

Anyone  else cash in or got plenty to come. 

I had 10k on it at 16-1. So come Sat I'll either have 160k or nothing 

18 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

9th/10th is about right for this squad and I'd have taken it in August after the calamity transfer window, hopefully we can make the additions to take us back into being a top 6 side next season. 

Don't follow that ,we wasted half a season not picking players etc and still may finish 9th 

Surely that makes it a better squad than 9/10th

Not that it matters now 

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Don't follow that ,we wasted half a season not picking players etc and still may finish 9th 

Surely that makes it a better squad than 9/10th

Not that it matters now 

Not really, it's a squad that's shown over the last 2 seasons it's no where near consistent enough and has been lacking in certain areas for 4 seasons now. It's not as good a squad as the one that finished 4th, players have aged and have been crocked, and some have been badly managed. Bruce has worked wonders and the new manager bounce has been fantastic, let's hope we can get going quick next season as ultimately it's that that costs us every season.