Have Hooper and Lee done enough ?

On 30/04/2019 at 19:25, Shetland Owl said:

think Hooper will leave, but Lee to be offered a short term contact

it would seem to be madness not to, IF he can regain his prowess can you imagine how much it would cost to find a player of that calibre?, and how many 'frogs' would have to be kissed to find one?.

Edited by dorian gray
e

I’m unsure of what we should do regarding this pair Given their age, and recent injury history, it should be a no brainer. Two issues though, both when fit, are major talents, so do we have the funds to replace them? Plus, the fact that we are already looking at bringing in quite a few players, is it realistic that we can manage that sort of recruitment, and all the upheaval that would bring

Edited by gurujuan

For me I’d offer Lee a 6 month deal with the option based on number of performances for a further 6 months. Anything longer would be irresponsible on the clubs part

As as Hooper is concerned although he’s  been a good player he just doesn’t play enough games. He’s the wrong side of 30, on big wages and just doesn’t seem to fit into what Bruce wants. Also think that Hooper may get offers elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

For me I’d offer Lee a 6 month deal with the option based on number of performances for a further 6 months. Anything longer would be irresponsible on the clubs part

As as Hooper is concerned although he’s  been a good player he just doesn’t play enough games. He’s the wrong side of 30, on big wages and just doesn’t seem to fit into what Bruce wants. Also think that Hooper may get offers elsewhere 

Hooper could do a good job for someone, alongside a centre forward with some pace For us, it would be about introducing a bit of cleverness from the bench Fitness would be the major issue for any club though

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

We need to reduce the wage bill, we need to reduce the size of the squad, we need players who can play 35 games a season

However we try and spin it Hooper has to be sacrificed in order to achieve all of the above

It’s true, and for those suggesting cashing in on Joao and Forestieri as well, I hope they realise what that would leave us with

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s true, and for those suggesting cashing in on Joao and Forestieri as well, I hope they realise what that would leave us with

A fully fit team...of relegation candidates. :Sid:

Edited by roaminowl
A filly is a horse you daft fooooker

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A lot of the season Hooper Joao and FF have been injured so it won’t be too much difference

It may be that we need to get shut of these players to bring some younger fitter players in

On 04/05/2019 at 07:15, No Uniform said:

As good as he is. Lee will only get offered a contract by a league one/two side after so long out. Maybe a promoted side may take a gamble. I think Bruce will ask him to train through the summer with the team with a promise of a contract if he stays fit/ looks sharp.

Very much glad I was right!