Have Hooper and Lee done enough ?

37 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Sad to say, but they haven't had the time to "do enough". As bad as I feel about it, we should probably let them go,

Post sponsored by Snoots' bell of the Year awards. See Owlstalk Site Info section for details. Terms and conditions apply. Lots of them.

What's all this about "Snoot's bell of the year awards" that I keep reading about ? It must be a very popular fred FFS. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Hooper in 3 full seasons at Wednesday has never managed to stay fit for an entire season, now 31 I don’t see that changing. No disputing what an absolute incredible player he is when fit, but at the rumoured £30k plus he’s on we can’t risk having a player here anymore whose never proven he can be fit and firing all season long. 

Take the sentiment out of it, and sadly, you really have to conclude that neither gives you any confidence.

I feel more sorry for Lee, because I feel in some way he either decided to risk his well being for the club..or..his well being was actually risked by the club.

Hooper..you can see his class, even as he comes back you can see the odd pass, the odd movement that shows he knows his stuff..but can he do it ALL season?. and his wage?................I dunno...

1. Lee is reportedly on very modest wages, so there’s less of an investment to risk

2. When both are fully fit, Lee has a bigger influence on how we play, so is arguably more important to us. 

3. We have a surplus of forwards but a shortage of midfielders. 

So for me it’s keep Lee, let Hooper go. 

Hooper is out for 16 months with serious injury and then from nowhere he's magically match fit. 

Oh. Yes and his contract is up at the end of the season. 

Wr have seen this before under this owner. Dobbin, last season suddenly started to score in the last few games. He could rim faster than ever. Some idiot at the club gave him a two year contract and what happens this season. He never tries an inch 

Has. Hooper been dodging the column? 

Given what happens at Hillsborough when there's nothing left to play for, it's not unreasonable to assume that hooper only came back just to get a new contact. 

What was. Wrong with him in those 16 months? 

As for Lee. Give him a year on reduced wages. Nobody else will pay him anywhere near the crazy money we pay him 

As for hooper. Dump him. He's a liability and kf his injury record is to be believed. He's a crock 

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

Hooper is out for 16 months with serious injury and then from nowhere he's magically match fit. 

Wr have seen this before under this owner. Dobbin, last season suddenly started to score in the last few games. He could rim faster than ever. Some idiot at the club gave him a two year contract and what happens this season. He never tries an inch 

Given what happens at Hillsborough when there's nothing left to play for, it's not unreasonable to assume that hooper only came back just to get a new contact. 

As for Lee. Give him a year on reduced wages. Nobody else will pay him anywhere near the crazy money we pay him 

As for hooper. Dump him. He's a liability and kf his injury record is to be believed. He's a crock 

Fair play to him...no use to us tho...................

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

He was pretending to be injured?! Really?

Do tell?

18 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

£12k pwk is crazy money?

Lee for me is our best player but just worried he will break down again. Hooper is a great link up player but have noticed he's already reverted back to throwing his arms up in the air when he doesn't get the ball. I think it's time to call it a day on both of them. 

21 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Had a chat to Hooper a few months ago, he absolutely hated being injured and missed football. 

I guess he was faking the picture of him on the operation table as well?

• Like 2

I'm fairly convinced that Hooper will be leaving.  I think he'll be one of those sacrifices that we have to make for FFP or whatever its called now.  His injury record definitely softens that blow though.

I can see Lee being kept on for a year to prove himself and I hope he does.

I don't think he will keep either after listening to Bruce's words about saying this group have come close twice and have all got a little bit older, and that we need younger legs etc.

Really looking forward to hopefully seeing younger, hungrier, fitter and stronger players with hopefully some PACE. Something which has been sadly lacking for years now. It's time for a change now as much as i love those 2 when fit and firing....

Both Hooper and Winall have looked a little short since returning from injury. I'd be looking to move both on and adding something a little different up top. 

Lee is a tricky one. Is he worth a six-month contract to prove his fitness and would he even take that?

It's incredibly difficult to call as we don't know who Bruce has lined up (or who he'd like to bring in). That's what ultimately decides the debate.

We'd still have Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Fletcher & Fernando as striking options. I imagine Bruce will still want to freshen this and move some on for new blood. 

14 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Both Hooper and Winall have looked a little short since returning from injury. I'd be looking to move both on and adding something a little different up top. 

Lee is a tricky one. Is he worth a six-month contract to prove his fitness and would he even take that?

It's incredibly difficult to call as we don't know who Bruce has lined up (or who he'd like to bring in). That's what ultimately decides the debate.

We'd still have Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Fletcher & Fernando as striking options. I imagine Bruce will still want to freshen this and move some on for new blood. 

As good as he is. Lee will only get offered a contract by a league one/two side after so long out. Maybe a promoted side may take a gamble. I think Bruce will ask him to train through the summer with the team with a promise of a contract if he stays fit/ looks sharp.