Please clap your disabled fans

Because some disabled Owls fans are situated at the Leppings Lane end of the ground below the West Stand, they don't always get thanked by the players on the walkabout at the end of the last home match. We are not away fans! Please acknowledge these fans who follow the team through good times and bad. Thank you!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Grassy knoll said:

I always thought the disabled were on the north in the westfield enclosure 

There's an area for disabled supporters on the West lower as well, for both home and away fans. 

23 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

I always thought the disabled were on the north in the westfield enclosure 

My friend Ian is at the Leppings Lane end.. has been for many years...  come on lads give em a wave!!!   I actually wave to him on iFollow when I see him LOL

Am surprised that anyone notices the players acknowledging the fans at all. Having limited mobility, I usually leave among the last people from the stand, and by te time I leave usually when the players are getting ready to go towards the tunnel, the ground is almost empty. 

How many of our fans can say they have seen every goal at Hillsborough this season? Whatever the state of the game, the stands see a mass exodus starting on the 80 min  mark, that makes a mockery of our claim to be a well-supported club. 

14 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Am surprised that anyone notices the players acknowledging the fans at all. Having limited mobility, I usually leave among the last people from the stand, and by te time I leave usually when the players are getting ready to go towards the tunnel, the ground is almost empty. 

How many of our fans can say they have seen every goal at Hillsborough this season? Whatever the state of the game, the stands see a mass exodus starting on the 80 min  mark, that makes a mockery of our claim to be a well-supported club. 

I know what you mean but people will say its their prerogative to leave early if they want due to traffic, work, other commitments etc....

It does bother me sometimes when supporters leave early en masse. The Villa game for example, we played them off the park in the second half. The way we played, we would have been disapointed if we'd drawn that game and we especuially didnt deserve the game to end the way it did..... but sometimes, thats just football.

It was disappointing to see the fans all leaving like they did. It almost felt like they were turning their backs on the players for the way it ended. It would have been nice to see a few more stick around and show their appreciation to the players for their effort. Even though it was difficult to take, I thought the players deserved better.

13 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Some people on here need to stop with the obnoxious edgy comments.

Lets have some decency

Assume mine is included in this? 

What exactly was obnoxious or edgy about my opinion on a public forum?

I stated why I thought the players wouldn't even know there were Wednesday fans on the away end. Hardly starting WW3 is it?

1 minute ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Assume mine is included in this? 

What exactly was obnoxious or edgy about my opinion on a public forum?

I stated why I thought the players wouldn't even know there were Wednesday fans on the away end. Hardly starting WW3 is it?

checked back and can't see it.

20 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I know I'm old for saying this BUT after Jackie Sinclair scored the overhead kick in injury time against Swindon in early 70's I will never leave a sporting event early ever again (my dad wanted to beat the rush)....  Goal of the season for Jackie (RIP) - glad it was on Yorkshire TV on Sunday...  Still traumatized almost 50 years later LOL