Wierd Stat

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 30/04/2019 at 21:34, tarn owl said:

We won games, for the 1st time in 25 years we went to Wembley and 40,000 went down. The next year we had our highest finish since the PL in 4th, we all thought it would happen again in the 3rd year, next year we have Bruce. In the years before that we had no money, free signings and no hope of a top half finish nevermind promotion. Winning will always generate fans. The fact prices are at ridiculous levels didn't increase attendance. 40 quid for a football match ticket in the championship is a joke.

Totally agreed. I can but a season ticket over here to watch my local team in J2 for 150 quid. Under 15’s are 15 quid for the SEASON! Granted the football is lower level but even so!!

On 30/04/2019 at 13:01, Buckwheat said:

Before Chansiri put up the prices our 12 Championship averages prior to 2016/17were just over  22000 . The last 3 seasons with sky high admission it's 25000. 

Season tickets are decent value, match day tickets are a disgrace, so we'll have seen an increase in season ticket holders in fear they would be priced out of going to 10/12/15 games a season.

Financially, Mr Chansiri's plan has probably worked. Attendance-wise it has worked. Long term impact as a result of the pricing structure, well we'll have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally agreed. I can but a season ticket over here to watch my local team in J2 for 150 quid. Under 15’s are 15 quid for the SEASON! Granted the football is lower level but even so!!

Well just for comparison Wednesday play in the second level of our football tier and have had no success to speak of for decades and i recently renewed my season ticket for £555 in the north stand! £555! £555! To most logical people it doesn't make sense but i have found a way to do it because i love going to the game and i love the old fashioned stadium that is Hillsborough. But just because i can do that doesn't mean everyone can, and i know at least 3 people who can't go because pricing is too high to justify whilst got kids and family. It will erode over time and if they don't address the pricing it will seriously effect the fan base, especially when there are countless examples of teams getting promoted without fleecing the fan base. I can say fleece because my season ticket is at least £200 too high by my reckoning.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
38 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Well just for comparison Wednesday play in the second level of our football tier and have had no success to speak of for decades and i recently renewed my season ticket for £555 in the north stand! £555! £555! To most logical people it doesn't make sense but i have found a way to do it because i love going to the game and i love the old fashioned stadium that is Hillsborough. But just because i can do that doesn't mean everyone can, and i know at least 3 people who can't go because pricing is too high to justify whilst got kids and family. It will erode over time and if they don't address the pricing it will seriously effect the fan base, especially when there are countless examples of teams getting promoted without fleecing the fan base. I can say fleece because my season ticket is at least £200 too high by my reckoning.

Totally agree mate. It’s way too high!