• George Boyd
    • Josh Onomah

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

-------------------------------------------------------

Individual Total votes

---------------------------------------------------

Hector          1925

Bannan           974

Actually that's some jump to the nearest contender isn't it.

39 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Actually that's some jump to the nearest contender isn't it.

I think it goes to show that Hector is on another level to the defenders we're used to

No disrespect intended to people like Tom Lees, who is a solid defender, but Hector has got the lot, he's a good defender, comfortable on the ball, he's got the full package

And I think a lot of people recognise this

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

54 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think it goes to show that Hector is on another level to the defenders we're used to

No disrespect intended to people like Tom Lees, who is a solid defender, but Hector has got the lot, he's a good defender, comfortable on the ball, he's got the full package

And I think a lot of people recognise this

Tend to agree Hoots

High number of individual match votes for Lazaar, too for a man that's made just 3 starts supsect for similar reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Penney picked up 3 Owlstalk MOM awards, yet based on the most recent discussions I've seen on him here, he's been virtually written-off.

You're soon written  off in this game when you've been out of the side.

*unless the team is losing and then your status grows till you're the second coming of Di Stefano 

1 hour ago, Jamie_W said:

Hector. Probably a bit too good for this league, we're incredibly lucky to have had him fall in our laps. If we want to go up and not be embarrassed we have to keep players like him.

If we could get him on loan again with first dabs to get him on a free next summer that would be a right little result. 

Hard call between Fletch, Bazza and Hec. All 3 have been invaluable and the spine of our success with the turnaround.

Went for Bazza though. Just feels like without him we are a different side, he is the heartbeat of the team and everything goes through him. 

Hector has been immense too.

If we look at the votes I think we can conclude that most Wednesday players or their mum or dad have an Owlstalk account.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

If we could get him on loan again with first dabs to get him on a free next summer that would be a right little result. 

I think there will be a few clubs that have been alerted by his performances for us that could offer Chelsea a better deal

It would probably depend on how much he's enjoyed his time with us

Just our luck, we find a real player, with one year left on his contact, that might be obtainable for a fee around 1 million, and we haven't got two pennies to rub together

Unless we can sell someone for a big fee

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think there will be a few clubs that have been alerted by his performances for us that could offer Chelsea a better deal

It would probably depend on how much he's enjoyed his time with us

Just our luck, we find a real player, with one year left on his contact, that might be obtainable for a fee around 1 million, and we haven't got two pennies to rub together

Unless we can sell someone for a big fee

Someone needs to get him set up with a Sheffield lass before his loan expires

Here’s my explanation of what many will probably see as a rogue vote. Don’t worry, I am quite used to being out on a limb.

While I didn’t see Joey as the team star, there are other things I value in a player. What I did see through the winter was an ever-present during the very worst times, who took dog’s abuse from a certain section for not being a star, or else for being a favourite of an unpopular manager (hardly the lad’s fault), but who never let his head drop, never stopped running, never stopped trying and gave Wednesday all he’d got. That’s as much as we have any right to expect from any player and sets a first class example to youngsters and veterans alike. Brilliance is born, work rate comes from commitment. Joey has that commitment.

Moreover, he has steadily and consistently improved, as folk tend to do who really try, though not everyone who sees it is prepared to admit it. SB, clearly nobody’s fool, has had no hesitation in putting Joey into the considerable hole left by Sam Hutchinson’s injuries.

So thanks for all your efforts, Joey, lad. I did notice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/05/2019 at 14:40, flo said:

Crazy that Reach never won man of the match. 

It's an odd quandary isn't it. 

Reach seems to be one of those players that really splits opinion doesn't he.  He's scored some wonderful goals, the like of which many players are simply incapable. Yet... many seem to judge him on the defensive side the game. 

I consider him an attacking player so I largely sort of accept the fact that he's not going to go around thundering into tackles or winning towering headers.  But some do. 

I mean....some people judge Reach by his lack of defensive competence. But don't really judge or play down our defensive midfield players for their lack of attacking flair. 

Reach gets pulled (quite often)  for his lack of tackling but we dont see Hutchinson , for example , being pulled for not banging 30 yard goals in regularity.  

Strange really. 

We seems to have some problems with accepting that all players are different with different strengths and weaknesses. 

Maybe it's because we all yearn for the old fashioned all rounders  like a young Bryan Robson. 

• Like 1

Hector definitely the biggest impact a new signing has made in a number of years, but we forget just how good Bannan is and the work rate he's put in even during the bad times. 

Bruce has finally got him playing further up the field. I'm expecting a big season from Bannan next year. Goals and Assists are coming back into his game. 

15 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Who voted for chuffin Nuhiu?! 

:duntmatter:

Why wouldn't they Rob ?

He does exactly what it says on the instruction leaflet sewn inside his shorts ...

4th manager in and he's still included every week ..

Can't all be wrong can they ?

• Like 5

23 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Who voted for chuffin Nuhiu?! 

:duntmatter:

Don't think he's been our best player but nowhere near worst. 

He's an important part of squad even though he rarely starts a game. 

As much as democracy is a good tool and can be utilised very well, in some circumstances it needs to be taken away. Whoever voted for Pelupessy, Onomah and Boyd please report to your local police station and the appropriate action of taking away your rights to vote and make decisions will be removed. Not saying Thanos had a point, but..................