Jump to content
Mr Hooper

What transfer policy are you expecting?

What transfer policy are you expecting?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Crikey he’s signed some crap over the years. Suppose it would be more relevant to look at the signings he made at Villa

The first year in the Championship doesn’t make good reading: (McCormack £12M, Hogan £?M, Kodija £15M, Chester £8M, Tshibola £5M, Elphick £3M, Gollini £4M, De Laet £2M, Hourihane ?, Bree £3M, Lansbury £2.75M, Adomah £? plus afew others.

 

Second year was Terry on a free, Whelan £2M, Elmohamady & Samba with loans of Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah plus a couple of others.

 

This season he bought McGinn plus others & loans of Abraham, Hause & Bolasie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kaiser soze said:

The first year in the Championship doesn’t make good reading: (McCormack £12M, Hogan £?M, Kodija £15M, Chester £8M, Tshibola £5M, Elphick £3M, Gollini £4M, De Laet £2M, Hourihane ?, Bree £3M, Lansbury £2.75M, Adomah £? plus afew others.

 

Second year was Terry on a free, Whelan £2M, Elmohamady & Samba with loans of Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah plus a couple of others.

 

This season he bought McGinn plus others & loans of Abraham, Hause & Bolasie

He joined mid way through their first season in the championship so players like McCormack, Gollini, Elphick, Kodjia, Tshibola, De Laet and Jedinak were signed by Di Matteo not Bruce.

 

Bruce did spend money. Hourihane, McGinn were both great signings, he used the loan market really well, Grabban came in and scored goals, Sam Johnstone was brilliant for them, Snodgrass who is easily a better player than Championship level. Even this year he managed to get them Tammy Abraham and they don’t really come better at this level than him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

He joined mid way through their first season in the championship so players like McCormack, Gollini, Elphick, Kodjia, Tshibola, De Laet and Jedinak were signed by Di Matteo not Bruce.

Good spot @1993swfc

 

It shows SB has the right connections and will attract signings where an unknown foreign manager may struggle. Overall he’s built 4 promotion winning teams so says it all. Whatever he decides we must trust his judgement.

 

The transfer policy also needs take into account that at the end of 19/20 season we have another 12 players out of contract (according to Transfer Markt)

Fletch, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall, Pelupessy, Hutch, Dawson, Fox, Stobbs, Penny, Baker, Kirby...not sure if those are all accurate) so do we start offering anyone new contracts, sell whilst we can or release.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaiser soze said:

Good spot @1993swfc

 

It shows SB has the right connections and will attract signings where an unknown foreign manager may struggle. Overall he’s built 4 promotion winning teams so says it all. Whatever he decides we must trust his judgement.

 

The transfer policy also needs take into account that at the end of 19/20 season we have another 12 players out of contract (according to Transfer Markt)

Fletch, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall, Pelupessy, Hutch, Dawson, Fox, Stobbs, Penny, Baker, Kirby...not sure if those are all accurate) so do we start offering anyone new contracts, sell whilst we can or release.

Have we got anyone contracted after 2020 ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Have we got anyone contracted after 2020 ??

Tea Lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2019 at 22:41, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You need players that are happy to be squad players. I'd guess that's Palmer.

 

Having shown he's capable of covering both full back positions and unlikely to be on big money I'd suggest Palmer fits into the overall picture quite nicely.

 

That would be the absolute maximum for me ....squad player ....not remotely a first choice for me. Just too average ....ability ....average...tackling .....average ....distribution ....bang average ...pace ....average.....covering ability .....very average .....and he's prone to really bad repeatable play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the out of contract players to leave, though we might get one or two to stay on reduced wages. I doubt many other teams will match what we pay.

Maybe one or two players who have value to be sold. 3 or 4 to come on loan and maybe buy someone if we can get them for 1-2 million. Which probably won’t be Hector. He could do a job at a lower half championship side. Maybe one of the promoted ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Boothy said:

That would be the absolute maximum for me ....squad player ....not remotely a first choice for me. Just too average ....ability ....average...tackling .....average ....distribution ....bang average ...pace ....average.....covering ability .....very average .....and he's prone to really bad repeatable play. 

Is that an assessment of him this season or his career in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boothy said:

That would be the absolute maximum for me ....squad player ....not remotely a first choice for me. Just too average ....ability ....average...tackling .....average ....distribution ....bang average ...pace ....average.....covering ability .....very average .....and he's prone to really bad repeatable play. 

Which begs the question, why have we spent money on Iorfa then? He can’t even displace a player you describe as distinctly average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kaiser soze said:

Good spot @1993swfc

 

It shows SB has the right connections and will attract signings where an unknown foreign manager may struggle. Overall he’s built 4 promotion winning teams so says it all. Whatever he decides we must trust his judgement.

 

The transfer policy also needs take into account that at the end of 19/20 season we have another 12 players out of contract (according to Transfer Markt)

Fletch, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall, Pelupessy, Hutch, Dawson, Fox, Stobbs, Penny, Baker, Kirby...not sure if those are all accurate) so do we start offering anyone new contracts, sell whilst we can or release.

 

Aren't Reach, Rhodes and Van Aken out of contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

Aren't Reach, Rhodes and Van Aken out of contract?

Rhodes is 2020 as well.

 

Reach, Van Aken along with Bannan, Joao, Lees & Thorniley are all 2021. Not sure about Iorfa

 

wildsmith is 2022 and that’s the current squad accounted for I think

 

Source: TransferMarkt

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kaiser soze said:

Rhodes is 2020 as well.

 

Reach, Van Aken along with Bannan, Joao, Lees & Thorniley are all 2021. Not sure about Iorfa

 

wildsmith is 2022 and that’s the current squad accounted for I think

 

Source: TransferMarkt

Rhodes is 2021 he signed a four and half year deal in January 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Rhodes is 2021 he signed a four and half year deal in January 2017.

TransferMarkt site needs an update by the looks of it then. Iorfa’s is down as 2019 but I’m sure he signed a 3 1/2 yr deal didn’t he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Rhodes is 2021 he signed a four and half year deal in January 2017.

According to all the info I can find Rhodes signed on loan January 2017, then signed fully 1st July 2017, contract ends 30.06.20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to all the info I can find Rhodes signed on loan January 2017, then signed fully 1st July 2017, contract ends 30.06.20.

 

I might have dreamt it then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2019 at 10:25, kaiser soze said:

The first year in the Championship doesn’t make good reading: (McCormack £12M, Hogan £?M, Kodija £15M, Chester £8M, Tshibola £5M, Elphick £3M, Gollini £4M, De Laet £2M, Hourihane ?, Bree £3M, Lansbury £2.75M, Adomah £? plus afew others.

 

Second year was Terry on a free, Whelan £2M, Elmohamady & Samba with loans of Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah plus a couple of others.

 

This season he bought McGinn plus others & loans of Abraham, Hause & Bolasie

A lot of those first season signings was Di Matteo I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2019 at 17:53, NYCOWL said:

Has he? Not disputing this. Just wondering about examples?

Andy Robertson & Jarrod Bowen are two that spring to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hardly ever go to a game.

 

Can someone please explain what lazaar has done to get so many people calling for his permanent signature???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, poite said:

I hardly ever go to a game.

 

Can someone please explain what lazaar has done to get so many people calling for his permanent signature???

 

He offers pace, attacking intent and strong tackling to a position where that's been sorely lacking in recent years, and quite honestly he looks a cut above Fox, Penney and Palmer.

 

Whether or not we'll try to sign him with his injury record is a different matter.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...