Mr Hooper

What transfer policy are you expecting?

What transfer policy are you expecting?  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Crikey he’s signed some crap over the years. Suppose it would be more relevant to look at the signings he made at Villa

The first year in the Championship doesn’t make good reading: (McCormack £12M, Hogan £?M, Kodija £15M, Chester £8M, Tshibola £5M, Elphick £3M, Gollini £4M, De Laet £2M, Hourihane ?, Bree £3M, Lansbury £2.75M, Adomah £? plus afew others.

Second year was Terry on a free, Whelan £2M, Elmohamady & Samba with loans of Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah plus a couple of others.

This season he bought McGinn plus others & loans of Abraham, Hause & Bolasie

5 minutes ago, kaiser soze said:

The first year in the Championship doesn’t make good reading: (McCormack £12M, Hogan £?M, Kodija £15M, Chester £8M, Tshibola £5M, Elphick £3M, Gollini £4M, De Laet £2M, Hourihane ?, Bree £3M, Lansbury £2.75M, Adomah £? plus afew others.

Second year was Terry on a free, Whelan £2M, Elmohamady & Samba with loans of Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah plus a couple of others.

He joined mid way through their first season in the championship so players like McCormack, Gollini, Elphick, Kodjia, Tshibola, De Laet and Jedinak were signed by Di Matteo not Bruce.

Bruce did spend money. Hourihane, McGinn were both great signings, he used the loan market really well, Grabban came in and scored goals, Sam Johnstone was brilliant for them, Snodgrass who is easily a better player than Championship level. Even this year he managed to get them Tammy Abraham and they don’t really come better at this level than him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

He joined mid way through their first season in the championship so players like McCormack, Gollini, Elphick, Kodjia, Tshibola, De Laet and Jedinak were signed by Di Matteo not Bruce.

Good spot @1993swfc

It shows SB has the right connections and will attract signings where an unknown foreign manager may struggle. Overall he’s built 4 promotion winning teams so says it all. Whatever he decides we must trust his judgement.

The transfer policy also needs take into account that at the end of 19/20 season we have another 12 players out of contract (according to Transfer Markt)

Fletch, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall, Pelupessy, Hutch, Dawson, Fox, Stobbs, Penny, Baker, Kirby...not sure if those are all accurate) so do we start offering anyone new contracts, sell whilst we can or release.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, kaiser soze said:

Good spot @1993swfc

It shows SB has the right connections and will attract signings where an unknown foreign manager may struggle. Overall he’s built 4 promotion winning teams so says it all. Whatever he decides we must trust his judgement.

The transfer policy also needs take into account that at the end of 19/20 season we have another 12 players out of contract (according to Transfer Markt)

Fletch, Forestieri, Nuhiu, Winnall, Pelupessy, Hutch, Dawson, Fox, Stobbs, Penny, Baker, Kirby...not sure if those are all accurate) so do we start offering anyone new contracts, sell whilst we can or release.

Have we got anyone contracted after 2020 ??

38 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Have we got anyone contracted after 2020 ??

Tea Lady

On 29/04/2019 at 22:41, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You need players that are happy to be squad players. I'd guess that's Palmer.

Having shown he's capable of covering both full back positions and unlikely to be on big money I'd suggest Palmer fits into the overall picture quite nicely.

That would be the absolute maximum for me ....squad player ....not remotely a first choice for me. Just too average ....ability ....average...tackling .....average ....distribution ....bang average ...pace ....average.....covering ability .....very average .....and he's prone to really bad repeatable play. 

Most of the out of contract players to leave, though we might get one or two to stay on reduced wages. I doubt many other teams will match what we pay.

Maybe one or two players who have value to be sold. 3 or 4 to come on loan and maybe buy someone if we can get them for 1-2 million. Which probably won’t be Hector. He could do a job at a lower half championship side. Maybe one of the promoted ones

25 minutes ago, Boothy said:

That would be the absolute maximum for me ....squad player ....not remotely a first choice for me. Just too average ....ability ....average...tackling .....average ....distribution ....bang average ...pace ....average.....covering ability .....very average .....and he's prone to really bad repeatable play. 

Is that an assessment of him this season or his career in general?

1 hour ago, Boothy said:

Which begs the question, why have we spent money on Iorfa then? He can’t even displace a player you describe as distinctly average

6 hours ago, kaiser soze said:

Good spot @1993swfc

Aren't Reach, Rhodes and Van Aken out of contract?

24 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Aren't Reach, Rhodes and Van Aken out of contract?

Rhodes is 2020 as well.

Reach, Van Aken along with Bannan, Joao, Lees & Thorniley are all 2021. Not sure about Iorfa

wildsmith is 2022 and that’s the current squad accounted for I think

Source: TransferMarkt

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kaiser soze said:

Rhodes is 2020 as well.

Reach, Van Aken along with Bannan, Joao, Lees & Thorniley are all 2021. Not sure about Iorfa

wildsmith is 2022 and that’s the current squad accounted for I think

Source: TransferMarkt

Rhodes is 2021 he signed a four and half year deal in January 2017.

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

TransferMarkt site needs an update by the looks of it then. Iorfa’s is down as 2019 but I’m sure he signed a 3 1/2 yr deal didn’t he?

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

According to all the info I can find Rhodes signed on loan January 2017, then signed fully 1st July 2017, contract ends 30.06.20.

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to all the info I can find Rhodes signed on loan January 2017, then signed fully 1st July 2017, contract ends 30.06.20.

I might have dreamt it then.

On 01/05/2019 at 10:25, kaiser soze said:

A lot of those first season signings was Di Matteo I believe. 

On 29/04/2019 at 17:53, NYCOWL said:

Has he? Not disputing this. Just wondering about examples?

Andy Robertson & Jarrod Bowen are two that spring to mind.

I hardly ever go to a game.

Can someone please explain what lazaar has done to get so many people calling for his permanent signature???

5 minutes ago, poite said:

I hardly ever go to a game.

Can someone please explain what lazaar has done to get so many people calling for his permanent signature???

He offers pace, attacking intent and strong tackling to a position where that's been sorely lacking in recent years, and quite honestly he looks a cut above Fox, Penney and Palmer.

Whether or not we'll try to sign him with his injury record is a different matter.

• Agree 1