For the last few season we have started the season so slowly as the team seem under prepared and not ready to go.

What are people thoughts of the last preseason friendly being a Sheffield Derby against United. It would get the team up for it and the fans and may also get a decent gate and extra funds into the club. 

The players would be up for it and it would give Hutch a chance to work on his two footer tackles. lol

Would make Mansfield seem like a walk in the park

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Think the police will veto the idea of playing Sheffield United in a pre season friendly. Just not worth the hassle.

• Agree 2

They can't score against us so not much of a test really.

• Like 1

No.

We should never EVER play a local team in pre season again after what happened at Mansfield. It's just not worth it. Local clubs and their fans hate us and I'm fine with that but nothing good ever comes out of playing these clubs on a "friendly" basis.

• Agree 6

18 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No.

We should never EVER play a local team in pre season again after what happened at Mansfield. It's just not worth it. Local clubs and their fans hate us and I'm fine with that but nothing good ever comes out of playing these clubs on a "friendly" basis.

Aren't we playing Chesterfield suppose with Sheridan as manager he won't send them out to kick lumps out of us

Sheffield, Stocksbridge, Hallam, Scunthorpe, Chessy, York, Oldham, 2 games abroad and Leicester or Everton at home will do me nicely.

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

For the last few season we have started the season so slowly as the team seem under prepared and not ready to go.

What are people thoughts of the last preseason friendly being a Sheffield Derby against United. It would get the team up for it and the fans and may also get a decent gate and extra funds into the club. 

The players would be up for it and it would give Hutch a chance to work on his two footer tackles. lol

the police bill will take any extra funds

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Sheffield, Stocksbridge, Hallam, Scunthorpe, Chessy, York, Oldham, 2 games abroad and Leicester or Everton at home will do me nicely.

Christ, that's a quarter of a season 

WTF:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

WTF:

Just outside the play offs 

36 minutes ago, markowl said:

WTF:

10 games is pretty standard with some designated as U23 matches.

It's a no from me.

Not worth the hassle and stress.

Anyway, we usually have a prestigious game against a big club last friendly before start of the season and play the smaller local clubs at the start of pre-season.

At home to a PL team would be good - alternatively Rangers or Celtic. 

• Like 1

Take a mini tour of Scotland so "half" our team can get a trip back home included in the pre-season tour ;)

York away would do me... rarely bother with pre season games but that’s a cracker of a day out 

Last time we played them in a pre season we lost Carlton for 3 matches for getting a red