Can we expect the retained list this week?

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

With the striking options we have and the return of Rhodes I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him and Hooper go.

I would prefer to hack off my balls with a rusty tin can lid than to lose Hooper for Rhodes. 

Edited by shandypants

19 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

With the striking options we have and the return of Rhodes I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him and Hooper go.

He's been saying since day one we have too many strikers on the books.

Obviously he wants four fit and available differing options than the 6.

Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall, Rhodes, Hooper,  Joao. 

8 if you include Matias and Forestieri as striking options.

I'm sure there are more pros than cons with letting the public now. Bet the players already know who's being retained or at least under contract review.

Pros are that we can give players being released a nice send off at home. Cons are that it may upset the positive squad balance before the end of the season. 

43 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Not sure if this is the complete list (pinched from another thread) but my guess would be that Westwood, Lee and Palmer will be offered new deals. Hooper I'm not certain, I suspect he'll be after a 2 year contract and will be more likely to get it elsewhere. Boyd maybe, although I hope not. Pudil, Abdi, and Jones absolutely no chance and I don't think Matias will either. Don't know enough about the young lads to speculate. 

Westwood

Lee

Hooper

Abdi 

Boyd 

Matias 

Pudil 

Jones

Palmer

Preston

Nielsen

O Grady

Only Westwood and Palmer of those out of contract, have contributed majorly to our success since Jos left. Of the loanees, Hector has been a major hit, the others, more of a resounding miss Even so, that’s three key players from our starting eleven that we may have to replace.  Others like Matias and Boyd, have been part players, but would still need to be replaced 

The problem will be, if we need to sell any of our more saleable assets Players like Forestieri, Bannan, Reach and Joao, would be difficult to replace. The idea is, for us to recruit the players to enable us to mount a serious promotion challenge next season, and to do that, we need to replace any who leave, with better

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

I would prefer to hack off my balls with a rusty tin can lid than to lose Hooper for Rhodes. 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong just trying to look at it logically, one is out of contract and has played a hand full of games in 2 years, the other has come with a big reputation, failed to deliver for whatever reason but is still under contract.

2 hours ago, ashamanic said:

Bruce seems to nearly always pick Boyd. He’ll try and keep him 

Yep, this is frightening, I hope that Bruce has a younger fitter player in mind to replace him. 

Fans will find it difficult to forgive Bruce if he gives him an extension. 

12 hours ago, daleblue said:

Will be interesting, cant wait.

lots of Ooooh aaaaaaah's, and other stuff.

Don't mind the Ooohs and aahs, it's the Onomahs I don't want to see.

No more luxury players, more battlers please.

Edited by Beauchief Owl
  • Haha 1

I can see Palmer being offered and signing for definate, Westwood if the terms are right

Hooper, Matias, Lee and Boyd will be in the middle depending on what constraints Bruce has for next season but for me, apart from Palmer and Westwood to an extent, i'd ship the rest out completely allowing Bruce to wheel and deal ... fresh blood, fresh impetus, younger, hungry, fitter players able to contribute towards the cause

There is absolutely no room for sentiment now and I think a lot of fans are getting caught up in that ...