Can we expect the retained list this week?

I think last season we announced our retained list before the last game of the season.

Now the season is done, we can’t make the play offs, Bruce has said he’ll be sitting down with the chairman to discuss things going forward.

We could be in for interesting week. Who knows what this summer will bring. 

No. Wait until after the last game. There’s a proper way to do things. We do want to destroy the good feeling that Bruce has fostered. The only reason for releasing the retained list this week is if the released players wish it to be so that they can “get ahead of the game”.  

We might see 10 U23 players released, which is probably what you’d expect. I would expect at least half a dozen to come in from elsewhere, to supplement those promoted from the U18s This got me thinking, only 2 of our current first team squad, Baker and Thorniley joined the U23s from outside the club. Others like Palmer, Dawson, Wildsmith and Penney came through the U23s, after having progressed through our age group teams

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think last season we announced our retained list before the last game of the season.

Now the season is done, we can’t make the play offs, Bruce has said he’ll be sitting down with the chairman to discuss things going forward.

I'd be more than surprised if it wasn't already done with the exception of 1 or 2 contract offers.

Think Bruce said he and Chansiri had delayed their meeting to discuss finances and targets by at least a week. 

Is it possible that even with nothing to play for Bruce is still going to use QPR before making a definitive cut? 

Perhaps  he will. He seems to be very thorough and one thing is for sure he's been more than fair in terms of giving people an opportunity. 

The exception seems to be Winnall who is actually under contract but doesn't appear to be in the plans. 

I suspect his name may have already been circulated to other clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think Bruce said he and Chansiri had delayed their meeting to discuss finances and targets by at least a week. 

Is it possible that even with nothing to play for Bruce is still going to use QPR before making a definitive cut? 

Perhaps  he will. He seems to be very thorough and one thing is for sure he's been more than fair in terms of giving people an opportunity. 

The exception seems to be Winnall who is actually under contract but doesn't appear to be in the plans. 

Good job, he’s crap

I'd get rid of the lot of them who are out of contract. We've been paying Premier League ticket prices for sub standard football for most of the last two seasons. 

I'm really impressed with what Bruce and his team have achieved so far, but the players are only now showing what they were capable of all along, which makes it all the worse.

We need players who can put a shift in for the full season and who are hungry for promotion. 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Good job, he’s crap

I probably wouldn't have put it that harshly!

I think there's no one thing excels at more than the others , I agree. 

Ironically though for someone so far down the pecking order he's actually probably one of the few I reckon we will be able to recoup our money on.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I probably wouldn't have put it that harshly!

I think there's no one thing excels at more than the others , I agree. 

Ironically though for someone so far down the pecking order he's actually probably one of the few I reckon we will be able to recoup our money on.

Hopefully yes

Not sure if this is the complete list (pinched from another thread) but my guess would be that Westwood, Lee and Palmer will be offered new deals. Hooper I'm not certain, I suspect he'll be after a 2 year contract and will be more likely to get it elsewhere. Boyd maybe, although I hope not. Pudil, Abdi, and Jones absolutely no chance and I don't think Matias will either. Don't know enough about the young lads to speculate. 

Westwood

Lee

Hooper

Abdi 

Boyd 

Matias 

Pudil 

Jones

Palmer

Preston

Nielsen

O Grady

59 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

With the striking options we have and the return of Rhodes I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him and Hooper go.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Last season we had nothing to play for for the last few games so we had much more time, so i wouldn't expect anything for another week at the very least. 

I expect certain members of the old guard to be offered something, but they may go elsewhere for better money, and who can blame them?

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

We may need clarification of exactly what punishment (if any) will be coming from the EFL before we can really start to manoeuvre.

Accounts are out on Tuesday aren't they? (or is next month?) That could be a big day.

That should be fun.

200 pages minimum. 

• Haha 1