Average attendance since promotion to Championship

12/13 - 24,078

13/14 - 21,239

14/15 - 21,993

15/16 - 22,627

16/17 - 27,129

17/18 - 25,995

18/19 - 24, 352

So despite higher ticket prices the last three seasons have been our highest, our highest being 16/17 the season we finished 4th and after Wembley. Win football matches and the support will come.

50 minutes ago, the monk said:

Put the prices even higher there may be full houses !

We waited for a wealthy backer for years ,we finally get one ,we sign players that were out of our reach for years and everyone was getting a buzz

Then he told us the prices and folk such as me said "nope, not paying that even if I can afford it" and I wont be falling over myself to attend a midweek, hand picked for me, cheap(er) game .

No doubt next year will be the same ,giving away home advantage in the big televised games because we cant sell our tickets and then handing them to the opposition 

DC has shot himself in the foot big time

Imagine a neutral with a choice next year, premiership or championship football at a tenner more expensive

Tricky decision 

I don't think I know one person from Sheffield that is a 'neutral' and would choose which club to watch based on current form or league standing.

I do know people from Sheffield who are not interested in football at all

I also know football fans who might go to the lane next year for a 'big 6 matchday experience'

I have a couple of mates who used to go to the lane one week and Hillsborough the next but that was in the days that football was cheap and both of them were not neutral but preferred one of the Sheffield clubs over the other.

But neutral football follower! I don't think they exist.

48 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I don't think I know one person from Sheffield that is a 'neutral' and would choose which club to watch based on current form or league standing.

I also know football fans who might go to the lane next year for a 'big 6 matchday experience'

I have a couple of mates who used to go to the lane one week and Hillsborough the next but that was in the days that football was cheap and both of them were not neutral but preferred one of the Sheffield clubs over the other.

Theres about 50,000 at the university's 

1 hour ago, cfox198 said:

12/13 - 24,078

13/14 - 21,239

14/15 - 21,993

15/16 - 22,627

16/17 - 27,129

17/18 - 25,995

18/19 - 24, 352

So despite higher ticket prices the last three seasons have been our highest, our highest being 16/17 the season we finished 4th and after Wembley. Win football matches and the support will come.

Keep those prices high Mr C , let's get a campaign going !

51 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Mates visiting (who supported other teams such as Man utd, Everton etc) used to come to matches with me when they were say twenty quid. Nowadays they have a heart attack when I tell them how much it would be. Much prefer an afternoon down kelham island etc.

Guest addedtime
14 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

QPR will probably be my last match at Hillsbrough  I have not renewed our season tickets despite collecting over 800 points over the past two years.

Next year we are looking to spend more time living abroad in the Sun.

So it looks like I will be reduced to watching Wednesday on Sky, unless of course a miracle happens and we Qualify for the Champions League,

UTO 

Then it'll be bt sport??

3 hours ago, the monk said:

Put the prices even higher there may be full houses !

We waited for a wealthy backer for years ,we finally get one ,we sign players that were out of our reach for years and everyone was getting a buzz

Then he told us the prices and folk such as me said "nope, not paying that even if I can afford it" and I wont be falling over myself to attend a midweek, hand picked for me, cheap(er) game .

No doubt next year will be the same ,giving away home advantage in the big televised games because we cant sell our tickets and then handing them to the opposition 

DC has shot himself in the foot big time

Imagine a neutral with a choice next year, premiership or championship football at a tenner more expensive

Tricky decision 

I would rather sit next to an empty seat than some glory fan who'll go to lane just because they're playing Man United. 

It won't be a tenner more expensive than lane anyway, majority of there games will be category A* these were £33 on kop this season so will most probably be higher next season.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Mates visiting (who supported other teams such as Man utd, Everton etc) used to come to matches with me when they were say twenty quid. Nowadays they have a heart attack when I tell them how much it would be. Much prefer an afternoon down kelham island etc.

Healthy living 

3 hours ago, cfox198 said:

12/13 - 24,078

13/14 - 21,239

14/15 - 21,993

15/16 - 22,627

16/17 - 27,129

17/18 - 25,995

18/19 - 24, 352

This!!!

Tickets at Hillsborough are too expensive but if the team are delivering on the pitch, fans will find the money from somewhere to attend matches.

Lazy stats by the OP - where has the 21/22000 figure come from for the past three years? - Out of their harris that's where.

These topics come up regularly and i've posted before that the evidence is very clear (not that evidence affects many peoples opinions of course).

Big changes in average crowds in a season are absolutely dictated by what happened the season before and the anticipation for the season ahead - not the in season results or prices or anything else. Season ticket sales dictate crowds -  its that obvious, and people buy them based on the feel good factor at the end of the season not on how cheap they are.

A further example is that the pigs averages last season (after promotion the year before) were higher than this season (after finishing 10th in the Champ). Which are both by the way less than our 2016/17 average  - our high prices and all.  Explain that away...….

We will hit about 24,500 this year btw. 

2015–16 Champ - Carlos 1 6th Fourth round Quarter-finals Championship Play-off Runner-up Fernando Forestieri 15 22,641
2016–17 Champ - Carlos 2 4th Third Round First Round Championship Play-off Semi-final Fernando Forestieri 12 27,129
2017–18 Champ -Carlos 3/Jos 15th Fifth Round Second Round   Atdhe Nuhiu 14

19 hours ago, owl-zat said:

The club can’t radically change its pricing structure because fans have purchased up to 5 year season tickets but . . . . .

They can though.

If you bought a 5 year season ticket, doesnt it work out at around £17 per game? Even if its £19 / £20 a game this still gives the club a lot to play with. They could easily make POTG prices at around £25..... easily.

Why dont they? Because Season Ticket money is guaranteed income. The team have a blip.... season ticket money is still there regardless of whether people decide to turn up or not. POTG money isnt.

POTG fans will find excuses not to go, team underperforming, unattractive opposition (cold rainy Tuesday evening against Millwall), Champions League football on TV, etc..... The season ticket money is guaranteed. Under Jos I asked myself a few times whether Id actually turn up if I didnt have a season ticket. Its just how it works.

Chansiri even proved this before when he questioned low attendances... All of the excuses dissapeared when we played Arsenal at home in the cup.

Maybe the club dont want to take the chance on lowering POTG prices and the team having another poor start to the season.

Dont get me wrong, I still think the POTG prices are way to expensive and we should be doing far more to get the kids in, but you can see the owners rationale.

Writing was on the wall from the off this season

£42 on North for first home game v Hull put me and my mates off. There was little to get excited about last summer and dire opposition 

Got to get this right in August given we still have the Bruce feel good factor

Fill the ground, hopefully spur us on to 3 points and get people engaged from the start rather than waiting to see how we get on in first few games and losing them until Christmas

20 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Lazy stats by the OP - where has the 21/22000 figure come from for the past three years? - Out of their harris that's where.

These topics come up regularly and i've posted before that the evidence is very clear (not that evidence affects many peoples opinions of course).

Big changes in average crowds in a season are absolutely dictated by what happened the season before and the anticipation for the season ahead - not the in season results or prices or anything else. Season ticket sales dictate crowds -  its that obvious, and people buy them based on the feel good factor at the end of the season not on how cheap they are.

A further example is that the pigs averages last season (after promotion the year before) were higher than this season (after finishing 10th in the Champ). Which are both by the way less than our 2016/17 average  - our high prices and all.  Explain that away...….

We will hit about 24,500 this year btw. 

2015–16 Champ - Carlos 1 6th Fourth round Quarter-finals Championship Play-off Runner-up Fernando Forestieri 15 22,641
2016–17 Champ - Carlos 2 4th Third Round First Round Championship Play-off Semi-final Fernando Forestieri 12 27,129
2017–18 Champ -Carlos 3/Jos 15th Fifth Round Second Round   Atdhe Nuhiu 14

Not lazy or talking out of my arse and at least I'm trying to come up with something viable rather than slagging the club.

I could see what Chansiri was trying to do with the match day prices encouraging fans to purchase season tickets for which we have 21,000 - 22,000 I believe but, after that very few fans buy a single match day ticket and the crowd generally only goes up if the away fans bring a good following.

I've worked on cash turnstiles and had only 9 people pay the £42 I think it was on South Stand a few seasons ago and apart from season ticket holders and away fans there are very few extra fans coming through the turnstiles.

I originally mentioned the 5 game ticket bundle, pick and choose your fixtures throughout the season. £30 per game, £150 package.

SWFC listened and implemented a similar scheme but obviously, red tape and stipulations meant it wasn't successful, having a limited number of games to choose from and certain date to use it by, meant yet again, SWFC don't see my money.

People could argue £30 is too much, but I disagree, when a category A game sets you back £46 - you've saved £16 on 1 fixture. 

SWFC could even allow members only to select this ticket bundle - so your £50 membership gives you an added bonus

There's loads that can be done. 

Edited by bigash_swfc