The missing thousands at Hillsborough

49 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The whole ticket pricing policy was designed to drive season ticket sales.

I expect it was to help with ffp.... that said £40 ..or £30 even for walk up is nasty.

Its outright extortion .

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

People's excuses for utds average been higher than ours is because they pay on average £8 a game more is embarrassing. £8 flipping quid. Less than 2 pint. Get a grip will ya. 

Some people don't really care about the actual reality of £8, it's a value thing and a feeling of being ripped off or not getting value for money.

For those who the £8 difference is a financial issue, I'm not sure you will find them down the pub too often paying £4 a pint.

• Like 1

QPR will probably be my last match at Hillsbrough  I have not renewed our season tickets despite collecting over 800 points over the past two years.

Next year we are looking to spend more time living abroad in the Sun.

So it looks like I will be reduced to watching Wednesday on Sky, unless of course a miracle happens and we Qualify for the Champions League,

UTO 

DC needs to wake up & learn about the make up of the population in Sheffield.  

We're known to have the highest retention of former students when they graduate.  In other words students who move to the city to further their education at our universities are more likely to stay here after graduation than other cities.  

These students settle in the city & raise families in the city.  If they decide to watch football in the city & they have no affinity to either club their decision on who to watch will be determined by accessibility, facilities, cost & league status. Cost wise we'll lose hands down & next season at least they can watch Premier football for a cheaper price than Championship football.  These potential new supporters will be lost forever & when their kids grow & have families of their own they'll generally automatically support their parents club.

DC's schemes rely to heavily on 22k to 23k hardcore Wednesday supporters & a couple of thousand floating spotters digging deeper into their pockets & does nothing to attract new streams of support & income.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
37 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't need to look 20 years back though. Look back to 2012-13 - our first season back at this level after 2 seasons in the 3rd division and cheaper prices than now - our attendances that season were roughly the same as they are this season. 2013-14, 2014-15 and even 2015-16 in Chansiri's first season saw attendances below what they are now despite cheaper prices. Where were these extra 5K supporters you speak of when prices were 'sensible'?

Prices went up after the good season we had in 2015-16 but guess what, our attendances rose to the highest since 1998.  

We’d just been promoted so optimism (and season ticket sales) was high.. but the actual season was a struggle and we were barely competitive.. spent most of the season between 16th and 20th. That doesn’t bring in the extra 5k fans POTG.  Sensible prices and decent football would. 

It’s a combination of the two.. you won’t get higher attendances until we both play well and it’s affordable to most

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’d just been promoted so optimism (and season ticket sales) was high.. but the actual season was a struggle and we were barely competitive.. spent most of the season between 16th and 20th. That doesn’t bring in the extra 5k fans POTG.  Sensible prices and decent football would. 

It’s a combination of the two.. you won’t get higher attendances until we both play well and it’s affordable to most

So even though we were back at this level after 2 years away, because we weren't successful more numbers didn't turn up regardless of the cheaper price, sort of proves my point.

We averaged 27,000 in 2016-17, our highest attendances since 1998. These were the prices - pretty much as they are now.

https://sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-swfc-16-17-season-matchday-ticket-prices/

A successful team is the main factor.

Commercially I am sure there are many things that could be done.  I have previously mentioned on here that with the business model seeming to built around season tickets why not have a half season ticket based on match attendance not time.  There are many reasons why people can’t attend games, particularly with Sky changing dates etc.  I believe this would attract more supporters to commit to the club and all the ancillary spend that goes with it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

Commercially I am sure there are many things that could be done.  I have previously mentioned on here that with the business model seeming to built around season tickets why not have a half season ticket based on match attendance not time.  There are many reasons why people can’t attend games, particularly with Sky changing dates etc.  I believe this would attract more supporters to commit to the club and all the ancillary spend that goes with it

Now that is something that might appeal to someone like myself who through work commitments cannot afford to buy a full season ticket whatsoever.excellent suggestion. :tango:

59 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Results init. If we're top 6 next year we'll push 30k.

Forget about student fans for next year. Even if we charge them a fiver they're gonna go and watch prem footy at the lane.

We unexpectedly had a top 6 chance when the Villa fixture came round and the attendance was only 5,000 more than the previous home game where Blackburn brought about a coach load whereas Villa brought 4,500.

There are very few fans willing to pay the match day prices with the exception being when we played the pigs and gone are the days where 30,000 fans turned up to watch the likes of Swindon Town albeit on a Bank Holiday.

I remember the days before all the new bigger stadia were built we were in the top 10 average attendances in the country but now we’re struggling to be in the top 10 attendances in The championship with Leeds, Villa, West Brom, Derby, Notts Forest, Stoke, Norwich, pigs and maybe even Middlesbrough averaging more than us.