The missing thousands at Hillsborough

52 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

The CEO that left was atrocious. Of course there were many on here that kissed the CEO's ar5e, but little if anything was achieved.  And how much did that cost us ?

Mate. She didn't fancy you. Get over it.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Owl1987 said:

People have all sorts of reasons for not going but prices are crazy. I've got a newborn so decided I wont renew next season I will miss it like mad but time with the little one is precious when I work well over 45 hours a week.

A mate told me this week his season ticket at the lane costs him 200 a year less than mine. I would happily at that price renew and not mind missing every other game or when I'm needed elsewhere but I cant renew at 555 knowing I cant make all the games which will also no doubt result in at least 3 Saturday games turning into night matches at some point.

We are a working city and paying in my eyes middle class prices. I can afford it but I totally get why so many cant. It's a shame.

As a supporter who can't commit to every home game I feel cut adrift at pog ticket prices.

Would happily pay £150 up front for a 5 game voucher or £200 for 7.

Stop the stupid pricing categories for a start. Set the match days prices at start of season for each stand ,and set them at a reasonable price, not London prices. Same  price for every game.  

I don't think there is any missing thousands, go back ten years and you'll see attendances weren't any higher than now and prices were lower then.

We've had the hardcore 20 to 23,000 for years who go whatever we're doing and then there's the other 5,000 who will only come for big games or when we're doing really well like we were under Carlos in his first couple of seasons. 

Attendances will increase next season if we keep improving like we've done under Bruce. 

Season ticket sales for next season look very good on our ticket website. 

image.png.56d5b119f170a82efee8b0f70e8066ef.png

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree matchday prices and merchandise are too expensive but to put the empty seats down to price structure in the main is dismissing the recent history of our support.

Were the seats full before Chansiri put the prices up?

As for giving tickets to local schools - don't use things like that to attack the club for if you don't know the facts - one of my kids schools were given tickets for kids with adults at a significantly reduced rate a few weeks ago so to say we don't do anything is clearly wrong.

The seats not been full for years in fact since chansiri been here the attendence best it been in years

9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The whole ticket pricing policy was designed to drive season ticket sales.

I expect it was to help with ffp.... that said £40 ..or £30 even for walk up is nasty.

It's obscene,  but there's a definite method to the madness.

Clubs are only bothered about ST sales.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Continue playing the way we have been under Bruce, start off much higher in the table- numbers will increase.

Improve the commercial side of the business, extra revenue means we can hold or reduce prices- numbers will increase.

What about “surge pricing” like Ryanair etc use? Maximises revenue for a fixed level of supply. Extra charges to use the bog and selling sh*tloads of scratchcards could raise extra revenue too.

Half-time “entertainment” on The Kop might bring in some new fans... 

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI

Guest LondonOwl313
50 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Your wrong. Look at the averages before Chansiri took control. Look at the averages during our last prem seasons from the late 90s. 23k is a decent average for a mid league team charging more than 90 percent of the footy league. 

It’s not bad but it could be at least 5k more if prices were sensible.

Its hard to compare vs 20 years ago as the game has moved on. Quality of the football has improved... think the standard in the top half of the championship is broadly comparable to mid table premier league when we were last there. Top end of the prem is another level completely.

Football attendances have been rising in general over the period as there’s more demand for match day experiences. Unfortunately our attendances aren’t going with that trend because casual supporters are priced out

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

In the 90's when I was finishing school my School Myers Grove regularly got tickets to the games it hook a lot of people who were not fans. Sheffield is a multicultural city but all kids go to school. To not offer free tickets when you have so many empty seats is simply insane.

There should be no reduced rate they should be free.

The kids tickets were free, the adults were reduced rate. How can you say we don't offer any kids tickets within schools when this evidently isn't the case and you have no idea how many schools we offer tickets to?

1 hour ago, Sova said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2018-2019/1/ says 24,352. To be honest, I think our attendances have held up pretty well, all things considered.

Thanks.

Just checked where I got my stats from this season and it hasn't been updated since game 13 so the derby game and the upturn in results has had a positive impact - as usual results is the main influence of our attendances.

29 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s not bad but it could be at least 5k more if prices were sensible.

Its hard to compare vs 20 years ago as the game has moved on. Quality of the football has improved... think the standard in the top half of the championship is broadly comparable to mid table premier league when we were last there. Top end of the prem is another level completely.

Football attendances have been rising in general over the period as there’s more demand for match day experiences. Unfortunately our attendances aren’t going with that trend because casual supporters are priced out

You don't need to look 20 years back though. Look back to 2012-13 - our first season back at this level after 2 seasons in the 3rd division and cheaper prices than now - our attendances that season were roughly the same as they are this season. 2013-14, 2014-15 and even 2015-16 in Chansiri's first season saw attendances below what they are now despite cheaper prices. Where were these extra 5K supporters you speak of when prices were 'sensible'?

Prices went up after the good season we had in 2015-16 but guess what, our attendances rose to the highest since 1998.  

Edited by Guest