The missing thousands at Hillsborough

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look fans come in all shapes a sizes, old and young under the current regime, older fans and those on lesser income are priced out of attending games.

Shirts are as expensive as team playing in the Champions league when we are playing the likes of  millwall, Rotherham each week.

We have 10-15,000 empty seats each game But no ticket given to local schools to get fans hook on the Owls at an early age.

No deals to get students into the ground here for uni, the prices are simple too high. And next season we are competing against a premier league team the other side of the city.

I massive overall and rethink is needed, as plain and simple keep things as they are and attendance will continue to drop off.

Sadly, I,ve totally lost all respect for DC in regards to the way he's running our club.:tango:

11 minutes ago, akbuk said:

It would be interesting to know the average gate for this calender year

Remember when Stuart Gray was in charge, when people thought we had something decent to build on but needed to spend more money. Before Chansiri came in and put the prices up - we averaged 21,993. 

Now, when it costs too much and it is fashionable to blame low crowds on the owner - after a shocking season last time out - we currently average 23,408.

Edited by Guest

Scrap the stupid a -g bands should have just 3 bands with a top price of £40 on south £35 north £30 kop with prices in band b all a fiver less and band c ie night games and sky games a tenner less .kids under 17 a paying adult should be able to bring a kid for a fiver .that would add 2-3000 on every game.

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Remember when Stuart Gray was in charge, when people thought we had something decent to build on but needed to spend more money. Before Chansiri came in and put the prices up - we averaged 21,993. 

Now, when it costs too much and it is fashionable to blame low crowds on the owner - after a shocking season last time out - we currently average 23,408.

Exactly, simply put winning football matches is all that is needed

Win games and be in contention for promotion. 

We played dreadful football for more than 2 seasons and interest waned. The price paid indicated it would be a good product and it was bound to have an  impact if we served up slow unenterprising football.

The misery brigade who have not been in years and moan about everything under the sun does not help either.

Getting a manager with a decent reputation is a first step and results and performances since will have had a positive effect.

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Exactly, simply put winning football matches is all that is needed

You say that but at. £33 to £39 for a match day ticket on Kop alone people will still pick and choose games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I agree matchday prices and merchandise are too expensive but to put the empty seats down to price structure in the main is dismissing the recent history of our support.

Were the seats full before Chansiri put the prices up?

As for giving tickets to local schools - don't use things like that to attack the club for if you don't know the facts - one of my kids schools were given tickets for kids with adults at a significantly reduced rate a few weeks ago so to say we don't do anything is clearly wrong.

In the 90's when I was finishing school my School Myers Grove regularly got tickets to the games it hook a lot of people who were not fans. Sheffield is a multicultural city but all kids go to school. To not offer free tickets when you have so many empty seats is simply insane.

There should be no reduced rate they should be free.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2018-2019/1/ says 24,352. To be honest, I think our attendances have held up pretty well, all things considered.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

So you think the pricing structure is sh it huh lol 

We have about 300 difference prices for games, we make it too complicated.

If you can believe it in other walks of life and other football teams if you buy your ticket before the game you get it cheaper with our club you pay more as you get charge a booking fee. Millwall offer tickets £3 cheaper if you pay in advance.

Why as a club can we not do this for pay on the gate fans. Instead pay on the gate prices go up and up and fewer and fewer attend the games.

• Haha 1

We need some choice with the season tickets, half season tickets, midweek and week end season tickets, 6 games packs but not at £200 for 6 games.

Next season 6-8 games will be on the red button, the other side of the city will be playing premier league teams each week, we need to attract the flotter fans back but simply putting up prices will not cut it.

But never mind it not like we need to find more income as the club is making a profit every season is it not. :Sid:

People have all sorts of reasons for not going but prices are crazy. I've got a newborn so decided I wont renew next season I will miss it like mad but time with the little one is precious when I work well over 45 hours a week.

A mate told me this week his season ticket at the lane costs him 200 a year less than mine. I would happily at that price renew and not mind missing every other game or when I'm needed elsewhere but I cant renew at 555 knowing I cant make all the games which will also no doubt result in at least 3 Saturday games turning into night matches at some point.

We are a working city and paying in my eyes middle class prices. I can afford it but I totally get why so many cant. It's a shame.

• Like 1

Guest Ash76
30 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

You say that but at. £33 to £39 for a match day ticket on Kop alone people will still pick and choose games.

That still happens even taking the cost out of the argument. 

The only ones who don't pick and choose games are STH

Your wrong. Look at the averages before Chansiri took control. Look at the averages during our last prem seasons from the late 90s. 23k is a decent average for a mid league team charging more than 90 percent of the footy league. 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The club nearly got it right last season with the 6 game deal but they over priced it and it could be used over the season.

Even when the have a good idea they make it too complicated.

How much was it ?

I think a 5 or 6 game voucher is the key to pulling in floaters.