An indication Westwood is off?

On 28/04/2019 at 12:37, fpowl said:

This 

its not a criticism Dawson needs to go out and be number one for a season else where

Rotherham for their promotion bid next year maybe 

go earn your stripes young man 

As another poster pointed out to me Dawson is 24. He's not 18. In footballing terms he's hardly all that young 

Genuinely hope he stays, not only because he's the league's best imho, but the fact that changing the keeper can effect 4 positions. Both full backs and both centre halves. They have to learn as to how the keeper reacts, as well as the overall communication between all of them. It's not going to be easy, and if he does go we need a replacement in asap to get the ground running early doors. Dawson isn't the answer right now. 

Whatever happens, it will be our first test in regards to FFP and will be a good indicator of our transfer policy this summer. Number 1 priority for me is to extend his contract if we are serious about challenging for the top 6 next season. Dawson is suitable cover but nothing more.

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts

If he went we'd have to replace him the two back up keepers are not good enough for a side with aspirations of promotion, to get a keeper as good would cost a fortune in wages or a transfer, he's said in the past he's settled here and his kids are mad owls fans, I think saying he'd just chase the money is a little unfair, you can't tar all with the same brush.